REX 6 AND Msfs2020 continually quitting or not responding

I am really over this. Three times in the last hour MSFS2020 has either quit or frozen with task manager telling me the program is not responding. I have an i7 7700 with Nvidia 1070 graphics card and 16gb ram. There should be no problem. EDIT: Five times now MSFS2020 has quit. it quits when I start to set up a flight after spawning at an airport. Just shuts down. IT IS UNFLYABLE----UNUSEABLE… WHY??? World update 3 was loaded yesterday. Now I can no longer use MSFS2020.!!! EDIT: Just tried MSFS 2020 with a USB keyboard. Same thing happened. MSFS20202 just quit at the same stage as the previous i.e. at the set up stage once spawned in at an airport.

NB!
EDIT: After trial and error it appears MSFS2020 IS NOT COMPATIBLE with REX 6. MSFS2020 works fine (even with wireless keyboard) UNTIL REX 6 is started and then MSFS2020 SHUTS DOWN.

Are you by any chance using a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard?

Using a blue tooth keyboard. The problem has become worse since the world update was installed yesterday. Prior to that there was no problem. 2020 just quit for the fourth time.

There’s the problem. And it was happening before yesterday’s update too. It’s just worse now.

Most wireless non-gaming keyboards will go into standby / sleep mode after a few minutes (how long depends on the manufacturer) of not being used in order to conserve battery. MSFS sees that as a device being disconnected. And during that time, it will freeze up for up to 30 seconds.

I had it happen for about a month because I had added a Bluetooth keyboard for easy access while my "cockpit’ is in place, which prevents me from using my normal wired keyboard. I put up wth that for about a month until someone a few days ago made a thread about it and someone posted this solution. It turns out he was absolutely correct.

So that’s your problem. And it existed before yesterday’s update.

My keyboard is a Logitech G613 gaming board

do you have a hyperlink to the solution?

Well, that keyboard still likely goes to sleep after a minute or two of not receiving input, gaming or not. That’s how wireless devices conserve battery.

I don’t have the link to the thread. It was posted here a few days ago and likely pretty buried by now.

Took off the wireless keyboard and installed my USB keyboard. Same thing happened. MSFS2020 quit. So it is not my keyboard.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that. I guess you have something else going on.

After trial and error it appears MSFS2020 IS NOT COMPATIBLE with REX 6. MSFS2020 works fine (even with wireless keyboard) UNTIL REX 6 is started and then MSFS2020 SHUTS DOWN.

Sounds like they’ll have an update later today. I just purchased REX today and had an extremely rare CTD shortly after injecting the weather.

I reached out to REX this morning. They should have an update that they will roll out later today.