REX AccuSeason Advanced Edition: New Version Released Today!

Go to the ORBX forums. Log in and check out my dialogue with Nick Cooper. He nipped the update problems in the bud. My user name there is phantomflyer. Check out our latest posts about 2 weeks ago. It solved everything because Accuseason advanced has a new build that can only be gotten through Rex Axis. Then Nick tells us exactly how to get the latest build using ORBX order number - it was the registration that was causing issues. Nick’s method fixes it all. So, please go to the ORBX forums (you can get there right through ORBX Central app). The answer awaits you! :grinning:

Some information for those trying to get the latest build (not long ago released but not available through ORBX Central). Please read the following:

Go to the ORBX forums. Log in and check out my dialogue with Nick Cooper. He nipped the update problems in the bud. My user name there is phantomflyer. Check out our latest posts about 2 weeks ago. It solved everything because Accuseason advanced has a new build that can only be gotten through Rex Axis. Then Nick tells us exactly how to get the latest build using ORBX order number - it was the registration that was causing issues. Nick’s method fixes it all. So, please go to the ORBX forums (you can get there right through ORBX Central app). The answer awaits you! :grinning:

To all users of REX accuseason advanced purchased through ORBX Central - there is a very new build that isn’t available through ORBX Central. To get it and successfully install it, please check out the following. It solves the issues and you’ll get the latest March 2024 build in a fully functional state:

Go to the ORBX forums. Log in and check out my dialogue with Nick Cooper. He nipped the update problems in the bud. My user name there is phantomflyer. Check out our latest posts about 2 weeks ago. It solved everything because Accuseason advanced has a new build that can only be gotten through Rex Axis. Then Nick tells us exactly how to install and register the latest build using your ORBX order number (with a link on how to easily get it) - it was the registration that was causing issues. Nick’s method fixes it all. So, please go to the ORBX forums (you can get there right through ORBX Central app). For in there, the solution awaits you. If you need further help, simply ask me here and I’ll do my best to assist. Cheers everyone, Bill :grinning:

PS - to get to the bottom screenshot and log in in order to retreive your order number, use this link and log in Log In - Orbx

2 Likes

This might seem a silly question but I take it I can get the very latest version from REX’s own site? What about JustFlight? Both have it on offer for a very similar price…

Cheers.

1 Like

Just Flight is my ‘go to’ 3rd party seller and is where I originally bought this from. They are a great retailer.

However through no fault of JF I found that in order to update the addon to the new version I had to go on to the REX website and input a few details there. Not life changing but not really a great experience either since there wasn’t a lot of info at the time on what I needed to do. Maybe this has changed now. I don’t know.

Given this, I would probably explore buying this on the devs. own website. No idea though what the price is there now or whether they also offer PAYPAL payment either if that’s your thing.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s slightly cheaper on REX’s own site and my card provider doesn’t charge me for foreign currency transactions (in this case, USD to GBP).

1 Like

Yes you can if you retrieve your order number from Just Flight. Then restore all original FS files through the app, download the latest through REX AXIS, Uninstall the current, delete the REX7 folder in Windows documents folder, then reinstall the new you just downloaded and register it using the JF order number.

PS IMPORTANT:
As Nick Cooper over at ORBX said in his instructions, don’t forget to delete the REX 7 folder (leave REX 6 folder alone if you have it there) n your Windows documents folder after uninstalling the current REX and BEFORE you install the new version or you will get a registration error.
I’d add one more step - reboot after you uninstall and delete the REX7 folder. That’s a personal preference of mine.

Here’s Nick Cooper’s nstructions. Just swap out ORBX for your vendor because when you register the new, a list of vendors comes up. Choose Just Flight (or whomever you bought from) and enter your order number::

Hello Bill,

The answer seems to be with registration details.

Restore REX files to default, then uninstall it.

Download the latest through REX. Then please delete the entire Documents\Rex 7 folder.

Then reinstall Rex Accuseason Advanced for Rex Axis.

You should then get version 0222.
Register it using the Orbx details options.
Use the same email address as you do at Orbx Central and the
order number that you will find here: Log In - Orbx

That has worked for me and now I am also getting the contents and not just the empty folders.

How do I update to the latest version? When I start Accuseason Avanced it gets stuck on the loading texture screen and the advanced version doesn’t show up in REX Axis to redownload. Someone mentioned that there is an updater in the install location, but I am not able to find it. Any ideas?

Do you have rex axis? If not, download it and sign in with your details from where you purchased accuseason, you can then download the latest version from there.

Yes, there is an updater in the install folder. My last version is 7.0.2024.0307

Hi. I recently purchased AccuSeason Advanced.

How do I stop it auto-starting at PC system startup please? I can’t see a likely setting in options for this and I see no trace of this program in my startup apps

My understanding is that, if you have it set to auto, it will start each time you fire up your PC. You can either turn auto off and manually select a preset, or you can change the update scheduling in the menus. I’m not currently on my PC but it is there.

Why wouldn’t you want it to update daily, though? It’s not laborious — all you have to do is acknowledge by closing the update window.

Ah yes, thanks. I turned auto off and set the update time for 5am - just to be sure. I’ll update when I start the program.

Reasons I wish to dictate this are that I prefer to be the one who decides what runs at startup. If I didn’t maintain this discipline I’d have umpteen programs all firing up and updating. I don’t like that.

good day everyone, anyone had problems with missing textures using rex advanced the last days? reason I ask is because I started seeing pink trees all over the place and started to figure out which addon might be outdated, however when restoring original files in rex and deleting rex files from community, the pink trees are gone. So I guess it has to do something with the latest presets? Im using automation by the way.

This might sound like a dumb question but… are you sure the pink trees aren’t cherry blossom? I use auto too and I’ve started seeing them in the last week or so. They do look quite odd when they’re sticking out among a copse of ‘regular’ spring trees.

1 Like

ok now it makes sense… however it looks absolutely awful in my opinion. thank you for giving me the tip

1 Like

Thats good to know …I though it was a scenery glitch as well!

Does anyone know how to remove those terrible looking pink trees? I know “it’s a feature, not a bug”, but they are highly unrealistic and just look awful. Never seen trees like this in europe. I mean there are some white-ish blooming trees around currently, but sure not bright pink ones. They indeed look like the texture is missing and I’d like to remove them.

Probably not the most ideal solution, but you could try fast forward time about a month or so and then set it back automatic a month from now. If Accuseason is accurate, the blossoms should only last a couple weeks, like IRL.

Luckily, the sim isn’t advanced enough to simulate having to sweep those petals up after they fall off the trees and get EVERYWHERE!