Rex Accuseason can't change custom community folder

Hi guys,
maybe someone has an idea if I can fix that for myself. I already created a Rex customer support ticket for that issue but a quick fix would be nice :slight_smile:

I wanted to change to the Addon Linker. Therefore, I wanted to change the custom community folder path in my Accuseason installation (It was already running and I had already a custom community folder). I changed first in the settings to the MS Store version and then changed back to the custom folder option. There a window opens, where I should be able to navigate to my custom path.
This definitely worked when I installed accuseason. But now, only the Desktop folder is in that search folder window.
I reinstalled Accuseason but even in the initial configuration this issue occurs.
I tried to change the path in the rexlandscapes.db file with notepad++ but when I then open the Accuseason software again, the initial configuration appears again and it doesn’t show me the path that I inserted (it remains empty).

Has anyone a quick solution? Otherwise I’ll wait for the Rex customer support to fix this.
This is so annoying. Something so simple like selecting a path does not work for me :laughing:
Strange: I think the Accuseason Version did not change since installing newly where it worked (mid of Dec '22)

This is REX compatibility problem with Win11 2H22. Developer is aware of the issue but has been slow to fix it. I stopped using the products. They are insisting it is a Win11 bug when the reality is that they need to catch up with Windows and update some of their libraries.

2 Likes

I found a solution for the problem from REX Discord. In my case the problem was related to OneDrive. I think that they have also a hot fix for the problem now.

2 Likes

Thank you.
For now I will choose Desktop and everytime it downloads the data I will manually move it to the correct place.
Not very handy, hopefully there‘ll be a fix soon.

The problem is not OneDrive. The problem is that they have not updated their product to keep up with newer versions of Windows. I had the same issue with 2-3 other programs installed on my machine and the vendors updated them in days after the release of Win11 2H22. Very frustrated with REX for not dealing with this properly. One of the “hotfixes” they were promoting earlier was telling folks to create a symbolic link from the desktop to the community folder. Really?

Yep. Only disabeling ‘Desktop’ does the trick.