REX Weather Force 2020 - not syncing altimeter?

I’m wondering if I’m missing something / doing something wrong, or if this is a bug:

When I inject live weather with REX, the altimeter reading does not reflect the updated, current pressure. E.g. I’m at KDXR, ‘Clear Skies’ preset selected (as per official instructions), altimeter is currently set to 29.92 and displays 460 ft, real airport elevation is 457 ft, all good so far.

Now I start injecting live weather with REX, the live baro pressure is 30.27, but the indicated altitude on the altimeter does not change, stlll displays 460ft :roll_eyes: This means when I manually dial in the current pressure of 30.27 the altimeter now shows 810 ft, almost 400 ft off (and syncing with ‘B’ doesn’t do anything either).

I already opened a support ticket, just wondering if anyone else has seen this too, or if I’m just missing something?

Thanks,
Dirk

This is a known issue. Once the aircraft starts moving, it should work. Not sure if they have a solution for a fix yet or not, but I believe it has something to do with the current state of the MSFS weather SDK, or lack thereof.

1 Like

Ahh… Thank you for the info! I was so flustered that I didn’t even bother to get the aircraft moving… Didn’t see anything mentioned about this on their support pages either.

Just tried it, it works, good enough for me for now.

Thanks again!

2 Likes