Rex Weather Force and Snow Coverage

Default live weather turns many places into winter weatherlands like Alaska in the middle of summer. Does Rex Weather Force fix this?

I’ll give it a try later today for you, but typically speaking, yes.

There are some other issues with REX however, the new update is supposed to release later this week so we’ll see if it fixes them.

It also does not work with the SU10 Beta (which they are also addressing).

Thanks. A good example is Juneau Alaska which with default live weather is always blanketed with snow, when in fact it should only be the mountain tops.

Just booting up now, give me a few minutes :slight_smile:

Here is what MSFS thinks is “Live” weather in Juno right now…

What does Rex show?

No, Rex has no impact on weather whatseover, it just changes the colour of trees and vegetation to correcty match the time of year.

If MSFS decides there is snow about then trees will have snow on them, if not then they won’t.

1 Like

@TangledBinkie44 Im talking about Weather Force, not AccuSeason.

1 Like

That’s AccuSeason, Rex WeatherForce you set the weather to clear skies and then it injects metar based weather.

I’m waiting for Rex to resolve an issue, it’s not pulling any METAR’s at the moment (they had this issue last week).

Soon as it’s back I’ll test.

Sorry, my mistake!

Rex didn’t solve Innsbruck problems.
3 meters of snow in May lol

Here is what Weather Force is now showing at LOWI. Spot on.

LOWI

2 Likes

rex works perfect locally. so no it will not snowing green places. but long time flight with set real weather in rex will give you some crazy flat layers and jumping from so to so weather more than default do… it’s all about real weather. in rex you can found any scenery of weather changing by your air way. but at long flight it’s do really bad works. any way as said in start. for locally use you can be sure - no snow, where it’s shouldn’t be with perfect weather generation… i talking about only places where in standard scenery you can use summer and winter way to go. if some place on planet by default under snow textures only, rex will not change this situation. and this is about thid day and hour. rex is company what improve their stuff. so… btw you can stop use rex any time and turn real time/weather just from toolbar. because for rex you must use clear weather preset, that you can change to “live” any time. just before, close rex for avoid conflict

Yes, now it’s correct. NOW
In May we had no snow in real life but a lot in Sim with or without Rex.

and btw rex is even local isn’t ideal because of rare of weather web points. for example if you take lukla or close around. closest weather station what will used by rex is kathmandu and this is far of real. but no snow. “live” lukla give you snow everywhere around

I decided to bite the bullet and got Rex Weather Force. Juneau Alaska looks great with it. With default live weather its a winter wonderland, but with Rex its raining and no snow!

3 Likes

Youll love Rex WF. Alwzys appears accurate when compared with the Weather Channel.

Rex Accuseason is a nice complement too.

If you use Pilot2ATC, be sure to set Rex as the sour e weather. This way ATC is in sync with the sim.

1 Like

Is weather force working with SU10 beta?

a good test would be Lukla - which is always covered in snow even in summer with live weather - there is also no local metar super close by. it would be interesting to see what REX makes over there.

can anyone test?