REX Weather Force Defect by Design

I just learned by email from REX Support that Weather Force does not provide metar data to applications like Pilot2ATC for its Dynamic Weather Presets. In fact, it seems to supply live data even when injecting dynamic weather. When Pilot2ATC gives the weather, it’s coming from REX’s live data rather than the weather it has injected.

To fly under IFR conditions with realistic weather reports from Pilot2ATC, you have two choices. You can search for an airfield that is currently experiencing IFR conditions, and create a route for it, or wait for IFR conditions to develop at an airport of your choosing.

I’m pretty disappointed by that.

1 Like

Good to know … but those are the issues you get into when you start using multiple Mods/Apps that interact or don’t interact with each other…

Too may Mods spoil the broth” ??

Topic moved into 3rd Party #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities

1 Like

I asked about this on their discord server. They have no plans to export their dynamic presets, however when they get the bugs introduced since SU5+ under control and go back to feature update 1, they do plan on exporting the historical weather they’re adding in.

Rex also has a feature to search for certain types of weather that’s currently in the program, but I understand jumping around isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. That’s why I just learned to fly in live weather, myself.

2 Likes

They have no plans to export their dynamic presets, however when they get the bugs introduced since SU5+ under control and go back to feature update 1, they do plan on exporting the historical weather they’re adding in.

This is good to know. Thanks for the update.

Rex also has a feature to search for certain types of weather that’s currently in the program, but I understand jumping around isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Yes, that’s what I meant by my first choice above, but you said it better.