🍇 Rhine River (Germany) {World Update 6, 4 Official/Modeled POIs, 12+ BTR POIs}

Hi!

I’m continuing this more relaxed series of flights along major trade routes, waterways, pilgrimages, etc. The last few weeks have been a blast, and I’m excited to keep seeing new parts of the world with you all!

Unlike my previous US National Park series, I won’t be live streaming, which means I can actually hang out in the Discord CTAF channel if anyone would like to chat! I will also broadcast the Bushtalk Radio narration into Discord, so we all hear the POIs as a group.

Hope to see you there!
Jules

What to expect on this trip:

• Low and slow flights along a beautiful, historic river
  • So many vineyards
  • 3 Official/Modeled POIs (we’ll see what World Update 6 brings!)
  • 1 Official/Modeled Airport
  • 12+ Bushtalk Radio POIs

Server: West USA
Settings: All Players, No Traffic
Discord: Discord
Suggested Add-Ons:

Note: I tested these with Sim Update 5, although your mileage may vary. I also am not sure they will work with the upcoming World Update 6 (but will post in the Discord if I run into any issues). Basically, how lucky are you feeling for this flight? :sweat_smile:

Flight Plan:
(They are identical, the second just has short waypoint names to work around this bug.)

Airplane: Icon A5
Weather: Few Clouds
Liftoff Time: 12:00pm (10:00am UTC)
Rough flight path: The whole flight can be done at 2000’ MSL, although we’ll drop down by the river for much of the flight.

2 Likes

Just got back from a Viking cruise down the Rhine. Fantastic trip! I’m recreating the cruise but in a plane in MSFS now. I’m happy to see many of the sights are well re-created in the sim, like the windmills of Kinderdijk.

Looking for the castles south of Koblenz, I think most are there, except Stolzenfels, which appears as a smashed 2D image.

Had to search what a viking cruise was – looks like an awesome way to travel! What a cool trip!

1 Like