Rift S - flashing white light

disable the public test chanel in the oculus beta settings tab

1 Like

Giving that a try. I will let you know how it goes.

did you uninstall the oculus software. reboot and then reinstall?

I did not, disabling the test Chanel worked for me!

I think that it worked! Iā€™ll have to test it a little more but I think that that fixed it.
Itā€™s kind of backwards because they recommended that I had Test Channel on in the setup guide.

As you can tell, Iā€™m new!

1 Like

When VR first came out, the PTC was necessary, to avoid an annoying black template that followed you around inside the VR view, for one.

However, it would appear that the stable version has been amended and although that still gets an occasional ā€œwhite flashā€, it does appear to work, for some.

The PTC version, released around the time of the World Update, again for some, dramatically increased the frequency of the ā€œwhite flashesā€, hence the apparent need to revert to the stable version.

Got it. Turning off the PTC fixed it mostly. It still occurs once or twice while I am near an airport, but this is a massive improvement. Thanks!

as pointed out at great length in this very postā€¦ that does not work for everyone :roll_eyes:

and having pointed that out, people who are suffering this issue, will already know that although it isnā€™t a guaranteed fix, it is one that has worked for others and just might work for them.

Have you figured out why yours is still flashing by the way?

no ideaā€¦ tried EVERYTHING tho ā€¦i mean everythingā€¦ think we will have to wait on an official fix from, oculus or asobo or wherever the issue lies,

how long are you getting between occurrences?

on average about 20 secsā€¦ some have it worse some have it betterā€¦

Itā€™s also linked to framerate for me. If I force 45fps I have it less often than if I free my fps which raise to around 60.

Was getting odd white flash then after uk update it became unplayable, flashing every sec or two. MS please fix.

It was to get rid of the black stencil issue. It has been since resolved in later updates, I understand. I still get flashing, but not as bad. Usually it comes from looking at the instrument panel, it seems.

Oculus always updates to the version 26.0 :rage:
If I deactivate beta version (PTC), new install oculus software, always is version 26.0 active.
Does anyone know how can I activate the older version 25.0? :thinking:

MSFS is unplayable, too many white flashes

what is PTC?

Public Test Channel

i wish i can revert back to v25, not good the new v26, gutted!

I created a ticket on oculus support, I hope that someone can help :roll_eyes: