Rift S - flashing white light

wow I can confirm 2 hours flying and not a single flash! (After update 27.0.0.27.507 open beta)

Worked for me!

Worked for me to, I have a Rift S! All drivers are up to date, even the one from nvidia.

perfect.worked for me. thanks for the info. :+1:

Same here! After this latest update, no more flashes for me either. Didnā€™t have to go into settings to change the Beta option or any other option at all! Just made sure that 27.0.27.507 showed as my current version and that was it. Thanks for all the pointer, guys.

great, latest update 27 fixed it. Good to see they were listening. Now we can fly again. :smiley:

Updated to Version 27 betaā€¦flashes gone but every 5mins or so VR crashes out. Iā€™ve never had a crash in MSFS but now the VR goes back to my oculus home page and the normal 2D game keeps playing fine on my monitor. If I press to start VR again all works great for about 5 mins again then it drops out. This has only happened since using Version 27 beta.

I will add to the Beta 27 fixed it for me as well. 2 hour flight last night in C172, non G1000 and no flashes. I donā€™t fly airliners, so can speak to that, but will test G1000 aircraft today.

Is there an easy way to keep Oculus from updating or save driver sets to revert back to? Someone posted a revert back to v24, but I didnā€™t have a chance to try it before Beta v27 came out. Is it just a matter of copying the support folder?

Yepā€¦ I think this is what many feared. The initial fix a couple of weeks was to contract out of the public beta and revert back to v25. Sadly, here in the UK, the previous public beta (v26) was enforced upon us about 2 days again and ever since VR has been unusable. Whether Microsoft and Facebook can temper their egos to address this issue quickly, I have no idea :disappointed:

If you check the PTC box again, v27 will be installed and sort out your problems, probably.

I confirmt that version 26 has the flashes 25 did not 27 beta looks ok. BTW I can play decently with an old I7 4GHz an a GTX 1660 OC 6GB, but I need to disable spacewarp to avoid choppiness when I turn my head. Also, the plane you pick does matter. Hope this helps.

this is the experience i am having. Just the plane flashes, the scenery is stable

Yes this is true, true the plane flashes only in v26, v25 was kinda stable with flashes now and then but playable. V27 beta fixed this. But performance is still not great. I reverted back to v24, this solves all our problems.

Kinda odd I got this reply just now from Oculus when I raised the issue with then a few days ago. Saying itā€™s STEAM or MF related.

ā€œMar 6, 2021, 23:39 PST

Hey Sheu,

Thank you so much for your patience while we reviewed this issue of yours.

Iā€™m here following up with you after our review to inform you that this issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 seems to stem for the application itself. I would advise you to contact either [Steam Support] [Microsoft Support] or both as they would be more fruitful in their endeavors to solve this issue with their game.

If you have more questions, please do feel free to reply and I will assist you.

Sincerely,

Robert
Oculus Support Facebook Reality Labs

I can confirm that v27 beta fixes the flashing issue.

I actually havenā€™t noticed any lightning since the update to Beta V27. I can choose between 72 hz, 80hz and 90hz in the Oculus app, but according to the performance overlay in MSFS it only stays at 72hz.
Does anyone else have this experience?

Now weā€™re in March 2021 this flashing or strobing effect is still occurring. It is only the aircraft that is flashing nothing else in the simulator. Apparently, no one yet knows if it is a bug with Flight Simulator 2020 or a bug with the Oculus S.

It have been fixed for good by a new Beta version of Oculus Software, so be sure you go in the Beta tab of oculus software and set the public test chanel ON. It will download a new version 27.0.0.27.507 (27.0.0.27.507) and should fix this issue.

People usually praise that cloud effect in MSFS is less system consuming and Iā€™m sure that itā€™s true with 2d screens. In vr, unlikely, cloud makes huge impact on the performance and severe cases like the sky full towering clouds bring flash and flickering a lot even in ver. 27. Any tweak do you guys know?

Itā€™s fixed. Opt-in for beta in Oculus software settings.
Youā€™ll get an update and be on v27.
No more flashing. At all.

Having tried v27 together with a Rift S and the RTX 2070S, I could only prevent the flashing phenomenon discussed here by using the OTT to limit the headset refresh rate to 30Hz. ASW is of course enabled under this OTT setting.