River Spey, Scotland - Whiskey & War (RAF Airfields)

Come journey along the River Spey in Scotland from its source in the Highlands, through world-famous Speyside Malt Whiskey Distilleries area, to the RAF Airfields (current Lossiemouth, and former Dallarchy, Milltown & Kinloss) around the River’s mouth where it enters the North Sea. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I just watched your video and it brought back so many memories that I’m going to have to go do it myself now.
I was stationed at Lossiemouth in the late 60s as a member of the senior service. I flew in and out there a number of times (as a passenger). Milltown was a different story as I flew gliders there most weekends that money and duties allowed.
Icing on the cake Glenfarclas is my favourite dram and I just saw where it’s made.

1 Like

Is there a flightplan from this flight?

1 Like

Hi Stravinksy42. Would you believe I went for a real life flight just the other day and took the opportunity to delete a whole lot of stuff from my EFB including MSFS flight plans! A pic of the flight plan is near the start of the video. Also, I went back into MSFS for you and re-created the plan minus the whiskey distilleries - a copy is below. Just follow the river downstream! Hope this helps. Cheers.

SPEY.PLN (3.9 KB)

Hi FrankPilot1530. That is great. Thank you very much for your work you put into it. Love Scotland, love the river Spey and especially the whisky’s comming from. :grinning:
Thnx again.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I just now got Orbx’s new North UK scenery, so maybe more beautiful Scotland to come. Cheers.