Rivers everywhere in Madeira

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

As the title says…

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Well, the so-called “handcrafted” airport of Funchal isn’t anything to write home about either. Madeira, the Azores and the Canary Islands are in desperate need of a makeover.

2 Likes

I agree, it’s not great, especially with huge trees at the beginning of 05! There’s no designated GA area in the game either. And isn’t the airport named after some footballer or other?

1 Like

I agree with the comments above. In bad need of some TLC.

Yes. It’s named after Cristiano Ronaldo.
But that’s the least of the problems of the airport :wink:
You’re right with the GA area, but in general the airport is poorly done. Apart from the elevated runway it looks like autogen. It simply is sloppily done. No details: just a runway, a few buildings and that’s it. Classic case of “that’ll have to do.” Definitely not what I expected when I read “hand-crafted”.

What I really miss is a good 3D mesh. The Canaries and Madeira have jagged cliffs and mountains everywhere, and the current topography does not do that justice in the least. The big caldera of La Palma is more like a bowl, and Teide is completely missing it’s 3715m peak. Looks like someone’s cut it off. But of course I understand that a few islands somewhere in the Atlantic cannot be the main focus if most of the British and Irish coastline has little resemblance with reality below 5000ft :slight_smile:
So it’s a work in progress. We’ll see.

1 Like

I wasn’t going to mention the Canaries but my favourite island is Lanzarote and I have never seen it so green as in the sim and all the old volcanoes look like someone’s filled in the craggy bits with green polyfilla.

Disappointed to say the least.

1 Like

Yes I have to agree with all your comments.
It’s more like El Sordido than handcrafted in Madeira and the Canaries as well…
Let’s vote.

2 Likes

I’m from Madeira and have a lot of wrong things.

• threes near the runway
  • missing parking numbers on the gates
  • name of the airport
  • coastline problems
  • airport missing items
  • 05 approach missing lights
  • rivers in the island
  • autogen buildings too high. Don’t exist too high buildings in Funchal
  • lights in the over the air

Waiting an upgrade or some third party job, but nothing done yet…

4 Likes

Yes, I don’t know what happened but Madeira is full of bugs and problems. I was shocked.

1 Like

I expected at least Ponta do Pargo to be rendered, just a little bit, but…NO!

I observed too many rivers in Bali and other places in the world.

I think the issue here is the OSM data they are using. Depending on the region, many small streams in the map are translated to rivers in the scenery.

And in madeira, there seems to be a bigger issue with the map data.

Screenshot from opentopomap.org. The blue lines should be streets, but somebody has set the wrong tags…

It’s not streets.
In madeira is called “levadas”. It’s a small water flow who brings water from higher places to the lower, where people lives.

As you all can see it’s very small. Don’t look like in the game.

And also have “ribeiras”, small rivers.

Nothing like that.

2 Likes

Love my Levada walks into the Nun’s Valley.

1 Like

Thank you @vitordiogo94 for that explanation. Very nice!

So it’s the same problem as everywhere in the world. As soon as a small stream is listed in OSM, we get a river in FS…

This should be fixed globally.

2 Likes

In the airport I’m talking about this things more important that are missing in a “hand made” airport I suppose…

• the yellow zigzag is missing in 05 approach
  • left side of the runway elevation is wrong, in game is very low
  • in game have a lot more threes than real live
  • grass in runway too green, much more arid in real

Probably a copyright problem, don’t know

As I said missing gate number and parking bugs with pushback and lamp posts

And bugs in airport area streets with cars passing I’m weird ways

Just some things I would like to improve

I don’t think so, because company Aerosoft / MK-STUDIOS did Madeira for FSX / P3D ~ 3 years ago, and Ronaldo was there, after an update…

The pictures were from the first version. But roads were all over the place because of not enough precise terrain. But no rivers.

1 Like

Nobody done nothing to madeira for msfs yet.
Aerosoft have the advantage from the past.

1 Like

Madeira Island, the pearl of the Atlantic.
However, the scenery on this island is catastrophic and bad. Rivers everywhere, more than 10 meters wide, run down the slopes, but they are nothing more than streams of water a few centimeters wide, in fact. Neither the flora nor the size and colors of the houses correspond to reality. I believe that it can be improved without much problem. I don’t know how to do …

2 Likes

Please report to the Zendesk …