RMB+Mouse Wheel zoom combination breaks RMB hold panning

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Since the initial alpha, I always used RMB+Mouse wheel to control cockpit zoom, it makes much more sense since holding RMB pans the camera, and by using this combination makes it impossible to accidentaly zoom the camera in or out while turning a know with the mouse wheel specially if the camera shakes.

Since SU5, this stopped working, if I set the zoom to RMB+Wheel (either zoom in or out), the zoom function works, but for some reason holding RMB by itself no longer pans the camera, it’s VERY annoying having to use the default just mouse wheel zoom since the combination is much better, I hoped it would be fixed every SU since it got broken, and once again, I’m reporting it for what I feel like shouldn’t be too hard, I mean it was working previously.

Also intresting fact, this begun back in SU5, and it was actually WORKING, but there was that bug with not beeing able to pan the world map in the menu, and the way to fix this was to set your mouse to default assingments. So this combination was actually working with my “legacy” mouse assingments, but when I set it to default to fix the world map bug, and set the combinatino for zooming again, it no longer worked and it haven’t since

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Set cockpit zoom to RMB+Mouse wheel, observe the zoom works, but camera pan by holding RMB no longer works

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

PnP mouse and keyboard, TM Warthog hotas, CH pedals, also connected to the pc are logitech G27 wheel, trackir and a logitech webcam if it makes any difference

Could we get some aknowledgement on that please? Literally every livestream you watch you can see people zooming in/out accidentally when trying to rotate a know with the mouse wheel and we used to be able to prevent it with this setting, it’s super annoying and look like such an easy fix

2 Likes

Yes please bring this back! It’s super annoying! There seem to be more weird things going on when using modifier keys, e.g. when opening the AMD Radeon FPS overlay using Ctrl-Shift-O, it also changes the autopilot mode to VOR, which has the default binding Ctrl-O.

FIY, there’s a solution to this issue on another thread, just in case anyone has missed it :wink:

Fixed as of Sim Update 10. Clicking on RMB stick works for panning and using mouse wheel does zoom. Although you cannot use both at the same time, by clicking on the mouse wheel you can pan and you can still use zoom function. This combo works but in a different way.