RNAV Glidepath incorrectly simulated

This is a critical fix. A must for true IFR flight in IMC conditions. Needs to the in the next update.
Another issue is a fix for Activation of an approach. Currently it has to be activated prior to the fix that precedes the first point on the published approach. Sometimes that fix is miles out from the airport. If you pass that fix before activating the approach you are currently turned around, flown back to that prior fix, and if you do nothing else the AP begins to fly your flight plan in reverse, likely all the way to your departure airport. The remediation is to pass that fix and then go into the PROC page and activate the approach a second time. So what if you pass that fix and are then given a different approach to fly. Happens. Needs to be fixed. I have proved this behavior in both the DA62 and the B58G Baron. It is repeatable. I believe the C172 (G1000) handles it as it is supposed to.

1 Like

I agree this is critical and I hope it gets upvoted.

Last night, I did the RNAV approach to Runway 30 in Missoula, MT in the TBM 930. It was simulating IMC conditions with heavy rain and clouds down to 400ft AGL.

The GS indicator was pegged at the bottom until I descended to close to 4,100ft MSL, which is right around 1,000ft AGL. Then, the GS indicator came up. The TBM did follow the GS from that point. However, the RNAV approach was not aligned with the runway. I was offset by about 5 degrees to the right. In addition, the GS took me in to the ground a few hundred feet shy of the runway, out in the weeds. I could see the ground when I came down to minimums and was able to disengage the autopilot and ultimate land on the runway. But had to quickly throttle up to avoid hitting the ground and make the last second correction on course to align with the runway.

Sure hope they can get RNAV fixed. I have (so far) not had these types of problems with an ILS approach.

1 Like

I assume you mean “have not had these problems with an ILS approach…”

ILS approaches work for me too, which has me suspecting that it is the navdata and not the G1000 logic that is at fault here…

1 Like

I’ve experienced the same problem with RNAV approaches in both the TBM and CJ4, for some reason an RNAV approach isn’t lined up with the runway centreline - you can see this in the flight plan. I’ve also had the same issue with the RNAV tending to bring you down short of the threshold.

I may try a direct flight plan and then set the RNAV approach on the FMC, hopefully that will come in on a straight approach.

I agree with you. It’s rubbish.

I had no clue RNAV glideslope was meant to be captured like ILS, thanks for this!
Bummer that it doesn’t work on FS2020 tho. : /

RNAV feature is not working on A320.

This is quite vague; what’s not working?

I’ve been able to get RNAV navigation and RNAV approaches working on the A320. What in particular are you struggling with?

Among others,
During the approach, the correct altitude indicator never changes no matter you fly up or down.
If you push the ILS button you can’t return to RNAV option.

Hopefully this gets more up votes. Glidepath is definitely not implemented properly.

1 Like

For GA the garmin 530 and 430 are the staple GPS units but no glide path. I’ve heard you can get the auto pilot to catch it but not manually, I’m not flying a 747 that is all automated I’m flying light aircraft and I’m also practicing IFR for real world flying. This is one thing MS gets a F on for releasing the sim before this worked.

2 Likes