RNAV question w/Flybywire A320

Hi All -

Quick question on RNAV approach. Prior to some of the latest updates (prior to v7.0 of FBW), when I selected an RNAV approach in the MCDU, It would always show the glideslope in the ADI (the LS button needed to be engaged). However, recently I have not seen the Glideslope for any RNAV approach even with the LS button engaged. Trying to understand if there is a bug here or if we should have never had an actual Glideslope indicator in the ADI to begin with?

Thanks!
Kevin

It’s not a bug but not implemented feature. The issue is that with custom autopilot it seems RNAV approach mode cannot be activated (or at least I didn’t find a way).

Therefore the decision was to do this when custom LNAV/VNAV is available.

What you can do in the meantime is to use experimental version and fly in NAV with FPA mode active, that you need to estimate yourself.

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft

When you’re approaching with RNAV, you don’t use the LS button to show the glidepath. Instead, keep it off, so that the PFD can display the V/DEV with the green box. Then you use this VDEV to keep your aircraft on the glidepath down to the runway.

This is my RNAV approach with a visible V/DEV indicator from a few months back. Note that the LS button is off.

1 Like

You were not cleared to land!? How was the simulated call with your supervisor? :wink:

Thanks all!