Robert Youngs G36 turbo v4.1

It appears the Airspeed Indicator is not working. Anybody else?
tia

It’s a base problem with the sim.

Noticed that the airspeed indicator freezes at 100kts on the turbo bonanza. Might be a change in the base Bonanza that needs to be replicated in the Turbo Bonanza. The G36 improvement project doesn’t seem to have this problem.

1 Like

For anyone still using this mod, I fixed up the Panel.cfg so you don’t have to use the Working Title G1000 NXi 0.1.4 “bridge utility” in Marketplace anymore. The utility is there for planes like this that are still referencing the old Asobo Code. I submitted the change request on Robert’s Github in the meantime.

Change the following lines noted by the red arrows to read the values just as they appear in the screenshot.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

Thanks very much for posting this. Just a “heads up”…
your post on GitHub has a typo

1 Like

This has been working for me the whole time…
// Panel Configuration file
// Asobo BONANZA_G36

[VCockpit01]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768
texture=$AS1000_PFD_1
background_color=42,42,40
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/AS1000/PFD/AS1000_PFD.html, 0,0,1024,768

[VCockpit02]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768
texture=$AS1000_PFD_2
background_color=42,42,40
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/AS1000/MFD/AS1000_MFD.html, 0,0,1024,768

Because you probably have Working Title G1000 0.1.4 installed in Content Manager.

1 Like

Thank you. Corrected!

Also - as many of you know, the Air Speed Indicator (analog) was broken as of SU6 and would not properly reflect Indicated Speed on the PFD. Thanks to another user, it was determined four Level of Detail (LOD) files in the model were at fault and were fixed accordingly in the Asobo Model.

However, the Robert Young mod still references these incorrect LOD files.

You will need to COPY the following four files below as located in the sim’s OFFICIAL folder path (note I am on Steam - the first part of that path may vary in your installation):

\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\Asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\model

and REPLACE those same four files located in the mod folder path:

\Bonanza-Turbo-V4-1SU6\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\model

Screenshot below showing the correct file sizes taken from the Official Folder.

This is necessary in order to repair the ASI. Otherwise if you don’t care about the dial, disregard this modification.

3 Likes

I’m going to assume users also have to update their layout.json files appropriately to add these files?

As I am clueless about the JSON update process - believe it or not - it worked without running the updater. I just finished a full 2 hour flight with the mod - no hiccups. Probably a good Idea, but I’m not sure how to instruct folks on that. :smile:

1 Like

Instructions worked like a top…thanks!

No need to update their layout.json files.

2 Likes