RTX3090 constantly at 85%+ even on main menu

Maybe? No, I think they didn’t understand the request/problem that was being reported, probably due to language barrier and not getting solid info before starting to work on a fix.

It’s just poor design that has been debated/argued/discussed heavily. Poor design in that they’re rendering the background when they don’t need to.

As far as my setup, it’s definitely a non-issue for me; I’ve got my FPS capped at 30 (I only have a RTX2070 Super). But at 30fps, it looks great, most importantly, runs very smooth with no stutters.

Now, to give credit where credit is due: I’ve seen a post from a Developer who stated that the new mode will be VERY useful to Developers. I suppose that can be chalked up to a “happy accident” since it was an unintended consequence when trying to fix a much simpler problem.

Also having a 3D animation run for no reason BEHIND A MENU isn’t very planet friendly, please say no to excess GPU/CPU use.

2 Likes

Yes, after reading the (super useful) transcript it’s clear that they didn’t have an answer for the actual question so they talked about another topic that they did have some talking points for. Low power mode is not in any way a fix for trying to render a static, blurred background, in real time 3D at the full capability of the GPU… which resulted in 238 FPS in my case.

That, or it’s an elaborate GPU mining back door, which actually would make way more sense than almost any other explanation. I mean, you “say” it’s rendering in 3D but then display a static image and explain away the network activity as “pulling live data”.

If it’s that I’d give them props for being clever, if it’s not then poor design is the only other option.

-Jim

As I mentioned elsewhere, all they need to do is give the option to turn off the superfluous fully rendered plane, and hangar in the backgroud, just as they do when you are on the “My Content” page. The code is already there, and working, they just need to enabled it elsewhere.

In fact, they just need to disable the background in all menus with one exception: My Hangar. I never visit that anyway so I’d be quite happy to be rid of the 3D background. I bet it would speed up the loading of the sim as well.

4 Likes

Speaking of the menu, on the level of mildly infuriating I give the menu in ultra wide.

It looks fine until you again and again try clicking one of the side panels because only the center one works.

1 Like