Rudder Major Issue, Rudder Flicker - Unable to Taxi or T/O Or Fly

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
I Do have, I removed them, the issue goes away, only with addons the issue occurs.
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:

Since an update in February I have a Rudder Issue that makes it impossible to Taxi, Take off or Fly if rudder needed.

My rudder always deflects to the left and “Flickers”, either if right or left rudder is used. If I use left rudder, it deflects a little left, but not full and flickers, if I use right rudder, it full deflects to the left and flickers.
Bellow there is a short clip I made with a C152, showing the problem in external and internal view.
Tested with default sensitivity and deadzones, occurs as well.

This only occurs if i have addons installed (Aircraft), if I remove them, the issue goes away, I can Taxi and T/Om, but if I reinstall them (On Community Folder), it returns (Occurs in all Aircraft, default or addon).

Last major update i removed all of them from the folder before the update, ran the simulator without them, everything was normal, but when i reinstalled them, the issue came back.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmSrMhHOrbI"

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
I79700K, RTX2060
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Since February Update
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store

Just in case, You can download this free USB game device reader to make sure your pedals do not have an issue (DIView.zip): Utilities & Configuration Software : Leo Bodnar Electronics

It’s a little wonky to use since it is a very old program, but it helps you to see what the pedals are “really” generating. There are some videos on YT that describe how to use it.

Based upon your video it looks to me like the pedals are the issue. DIView will see everything the pedals are generating.

If it’s not the pedals faulting, I am assuming you have tried messing around with the pedals setup page in MSFS? Some updates have caused the pedals to have them needing to be adjusted again to get them in sync with the software.

I do not have any pedals, I have a joystick, its with the rudder axis of the joystick that this happens, but i have already checked and the joystick is working fine, i tested it, calibrated it, and before doing that, tested on P3D and it works fine there, no issue.

Then again i remind, this only happens with aircraft addons installed, if i removed them, the simulator works fine.

Yes, i already tried diferent things on the Settings, nothing works. My guess with all the testing i’ve done, is that this is really something in the simulator, not the hardware.

2 Likes

Bump Up…
Unable to fly or use the Simulator like this.

I don’t really understand what the problem is. Without any add-ons MSFS works as intended.
Isn’t it obvious that it’s an add-on which is causing the problem?
Nothing Asobo can do about it.
The usual way to troubleshoot is to install the add-ons one by one and check which one is causing the problem.

2 Likes

Well, yes and no.

In a sum, yes, the simulator works fine without addons and with addons it doensn’t, but is it a addon causing the problem or is it something in the simulator, something Asobo can do?

I have already troubleshooted addon by addon, the problem presists, if i install addon by addon, by that i mean one addon at the time, the rudder issue occurs, every addon causes this, its not just one isolated case.

I have already tested various scenarious, every time I have an addon installed, I have this rudder issue.

I don’t know what else to do…

What type of add-ons? Aircraft? Which aircraft? Did any of them come with self installer packages that might have dropped flight model config files or similar into other directories?

Have you tried creating a new joystick profile from scratch and re-mapping the X, Y and X axes?

If Windows, DIView and P3D all indicate the hardware and it’s calibration are good then it could still be the mapping/sensitivity within FS2020. Worth checking.

Why not list your add-ons and then users with the same ones can double check if they see the same sort of thing?

Thanks for the tip somethingbrite.

I did a recheck and found an issue with a setting i had configure for diferential braking. I erased that config and know it works fine and has intended.

It’s strange, because I always had this configuration for Diferential Braking and it always worked, until a couple of updates back, don’t quite get the criteria and what caused this.

Now I have to find a way to map diferential braking without this happening, but im not being able to.

But thanks somethingbrite, what you said made me do a recheck and partialy solved the Issue, Thanks!

son gelen güncellemeden sonra dümen titriyor ve tepki vermiyor ne yaptıysam olmadı insallah düzeltirler.

Hi @D0SCAK

According to the Code of Conduct, you must use English when posting on the forums. The one exception is the #multiplayer category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

1 Like

This continues to be a problem on my Xbox. Rudder/tailwheel/nose wheel don’t respond well at all, most of the time. Sometimes (rarely) it will work just fine.

I have the same issue with my Thrustmaster TCA and I had it on my Logitech too. Very annoying and impossible to fly.

Check your control mapping, I had two actions with the same key and it made the Rudder act like that and make the plane unflyable.

Check your key mappings, in the settings you can have multiple key mappings saved, make a new one with the default settings, if it flyes normaly, try spotting the error on the two mappings or simply use the new one that works normaly and do a custom mapping there if you want/had one.

Hope i helped.

Best Regars

Thank you madmike521. I made a research yesterday and I found this is likely to be an issue with the potentiometers. It is dust in the potentiometers to be more accurate.

Some people disassemble the device to clean but I’m not sure about doing this. Therefore, I tried moving the axis left and right several times and it seems fixed now. At least for now.

I wished those manufactures could make these devices more reliable. I had the same problem with both Logitech and Thrustmaster.

PS:. I will try checking the key mappings tonight.

I had this issue the other day. In my case my rudder pedals were in conflict with the joystick twist and paddles on my HOTAS. Triple whammy.

I too cannot taxi, the plane goes wherever it wants to… not good. Xbox S and standard controller.

Okay how do i fix this problem

Microsoft / Asobo jumped the gun with this release. More problems and Microsoft denied my refund.

1. Cannot TAXI – Aircraft goes wherever it wants to
  2. Cannot control THROTTLE – Randomly does whatever it wants to.
  3. Cannot control FLAPS – Same as above
  4. Cockpit view – Randomly is about 10’ outside of the cockpit
  5. Game Randomly CRASHES
1 Like

Did you find a solution? Because I have the same thing I think. I’ve set the joystick back to Default, but it’s still all over the place. Different cpntrols and keys being in conflict seems to make sense as beinga possible cause. The joystick is fine.
I can fly quite well so long as I don’t touch the rudder, but on the ground it’s a nightmare… Impossible. From outside the plane, I can see that if I do full left rudder, the rudder goes hard left, then comes back on it’s own even if the control is full left. Same for the right. Then there are all these jitters that come in.
Reading what everyone else has put, it does seem that it’s a setting, but I can’t figure out which one it is. Pretty stupid though, and INSANELY frustrating…

1 Like

I have the same issues.
Removed everything from my community folder.
Taking off everything was working fine, but after landing I had no response from rudder inputs.
Aircraft goes left and impossible to control. After aircraft came to a stand, I had to throttle to almost full throttle to move aircraft. Rudder control was only available for short while and lost response again with aircraft going to the left.
This happened after latest update

1 Like