Rudder Stuck to One Side - Saitek X52

I was using my Saitek X52 Flight System with no problems for the first week or two after the release. At some point over the last few days, I noticed the rudder controls (z rotation) getting really touchy…they would wildly swing from left to right with the slightest twist of the stick. I attempted to calibrate the controls in Windows to fix the problem and it appeared as though it helped…at least according to the Windows game control screen that is used for device testing.

The problem is that now in MSFS 2020, the axis is totally pegged to the right when a flight starts up. Taxiing is next to impossible. Takeoff is next to impossible. Flying is impossible. I have no idea what to do. The configuration outside of MSFS appears to be fine, but once inside and trying to control a plane, it is completely unusable. I have also tried assigning the rudder to a different axis to see if I could fix the problem, but that did not work either…it presented the same problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

Do you have other games on the pc e.g from Steam? If so, read this
https://flightsimeindhoven.com/category/microsoft-flightsimulator/controls/x-52/
(You can set translations on)

MSFS2020 doesn’t like to have multiple axis/buttons on a joystick controlling same action in the sim. After a while rudder doesn’t come back to center or is at a 5 degree angle all the time.
When i made sure only 1 axis was programmed to run the rudder all was back to normal for me.

I do have another game I can try the stick on to see if it’s having the same issue. I haven’t done that yet.

I guess it would at least indicate to me if this is a MSFS issue or an overall hardware issue.

With regard to testing with another axis, I removed the existing assignments for the new axis I tested with. There was nothing else assigned to the new axis except for the rudder.

That, to me, indicated that it is probably something wrong with the software itself. I really want to exhaust all of my possible options before uninstalling/reinstalling the software though.

I’m having similar issue, seems to only be when taxiing.
rudder seems to move on its own, I’m steering one way then suddenly, and intermittently, the rudder will move on its own in the opposite direction.
I don’t have anything else assigned to that axis but it seems like there is.
I’m not running on steam just microsoft store

1 Like

Did anyone ever find a fix to this? I’m having the same issue.

1 Like

Hello,
find a workarround that works for me:

Hope it’s a solution for you
Baos7097; TarsalThrower95; Stevetrojanman

I have several issues that I dont know how to fix… Was hoping the last update would do it but hasn’t… PC is still crashing on certain aircraftright before take off… Tail rudder is not functioning correctly on take off and landing… F-15 engine will just stop after take off for a few second… On the Consair if you run it at full rpm the engine will just lock up… So does anyone know how to fix all these problems I am having… I have reached out to microsoft support and evidentially no one even plays the flight simulator there.