Runway Tears Awareness (Added link to new Bug Report)

So how do we get some real developer attention to this issue? Can someone tag a forum moderator, maybe?

Yep, just shot the ILS RWY 9L at KATL to absolute minimums, made a nice landing and had it taken away from me by this bug. Loss of aircraft, loss of flight. Iā€™ve submitted a bug on this and even recorded a video. It is frustrating that such a serious bug doesnā€™t seem to be getting attention. It is great to listen to the community, but community priorities shouldnā€™t replace common sense. Other than CTDs I canā€™t think of any issues being reported that are worse than this one and it is clear that it is affecting many people.

2 Likes

Also small GA aircrafts still bouncing and crashing on some runways, like Nuernberg/Germanyā€¦ No fix for this :grimacing:

Finally this is the topic I was looking for! I havenā€™t read it all yet but I have multiple videoā€™s which proves this, but I am not allowed to include links in my post, I donā€™t know whyā€¦

It is a huge issue for the smaller Jet planes like the CJ4, a Boeing747 is so huge that it often does not crash. But in one of my videoā€™s that one is also affected.

1 Like

like Nuernberg/Germanyā€¦ No fix for this :grimacing:

Just fix it yourself. The tutorial to create your own fix can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5acapzsyiivmr9t/Tutorial%20GlRe%201.0.pdf?dl=0

Are you seriousā€¦? :smiley::see_no_evil: Thank you, but i want do this!

There are literally tens of thousands of airports in the sim - itā€™s not realistic to expect users to essentially mod each airport to avoid this problem.

How can we get concerted developer attention to this issue? Can the @ModeratorTeam please get some key Asobo people to take a look at this and provide some insight on what it will take to fix this ongoing problem?

1 Like

Perhaps not tens if thousands as only airports in photogrammetry areas seem to be affected, but I agree, this should be fixed by Asobo and not by the community. Itā€˜s not just a cosmetic blemish but a more fundamental problem.

Iā€™ve updated the OP with some new links and another video highlighting the issue.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this info (and my video). This should definitely be considered a serious issue. I fly Airbus for the most part and even at slow taxi speeds it occurs. It seems to have gotten worst as weā€™ve received more updates, but maybe Iā€™m just noticing it more and more.

My computer isnā€™t really slow either, but itā€™s definitely not the fastest. I hope this gets resolved quickly.

1 Like

Yeah the issue is still present after the latest patch. Restarting the game each flight helps a lot to avoid this issue, but it doesnā€™t solve the issue entirely. I experienced the glitch on my first flight of the day from Detroit to Midway while landing at Midway.

3 Likes

Has anyone experienced this while flying GA, and not an airliner?

Iā€™ve seen it coming in hot with a King Air in Daytona.

Iā€™ve seen this sometimes flying the G36 and the 172, and Iā€™m also on gigabit fiber (and my computer is hardwired, and not on wifi), so it could be a problem with their services hiccuping

Tested yesterday if the cracks in runway disappeared after the latest update but crashed on my first landing and made a nice flip. It took one minute until the textures loaded correct.

1 Like

Is it possible to move this thread to the bugs category? There we could also upvote.

4 Likes

This isnt a new bug though. Its been going on for at least the couple of patches. I find the amazing thing is that I have more of a tendency to see these cracks during ā€˜prime timeā€™ hours, as opposed more off hours.

If Im running 500-800ā€™ above the surface of the water, youā€™ll see them as well.

1 Like

Of course not; see the links and videos above - itā€™s been around since the sim was launched, basically. But itā€™s not consistent even in the same flight session, and itā€™s not consistent by airport. Itā€™s also been swamped by the myriad other bugs and complaints, which is why the OP collated all the links and threads and why I tagged the forum Moderator Team to try to get the discussion centralized for developer attention. With luck they will be able to find an underlying cause for the rendering issue and resolve it.

Iā€™ve experienced it with the Carenado Cessna 182T at KSEA.

1 Like

And hereā€™s my video as well:

1 Like