Safe mode question every sim start up

Anybody else getting this. Every time I start up the sim it asks if I want to start in safe mode? everything is working mod wise, no CTD’s. I close the sim and it is all fine, but every time I start it it is asking if I want to start in safe mode or normal mode…why?

yea i get the same for some reason

1 Like

I saw these two posts last night that might help:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405893759378

This one says it might be caused by the FBW A320:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaFH3nbEelc

Hope that helps!

1 Like

It’s a known issue, Microsoft have already confirmed that it’ll be fixed in an upcoming hotfix.

2 Likes

Same thing here too…thanks Lord, i’m not the only one.

I’ve got a new issue too, every time i started a flight, my camera view inside cockpit is dropping down, nothing i can do to stop it. Right click of my mouse is inefficient, outside view is not working neither with the mouse. VR is working properly, but in a classic screen view i can only see my feet.

I’ve almost forgot, it happens with every plane, FBW and native planes from the game.

Thanks for reading

1 Like

That sounds like a command binding issue - something is sending the “cockpit camera look down” command. Try resetting your command bindings and/or unplugging most peripherals

Thank you for your answer, but sadly i’ve tried everything, unplugging, joystick(s) even mouse, uninstalling and reinstalling MSFS, and still experiencing the same issue…Something weird is happening…

Try all the work arounds you want, there’s no point! It’s a known issue, Microsoft have already confirmed that it’ll be fixed in an upcoming hotfix.

1 Like

Ok, thank you all

What HOTAS to you use? My Thrustmaster T1600 started doing that a couple of months ago and the problem was the Y axis on the little micro stick that controls the camera had developed a fault. Its apparently a common issue with the T1600. You can apparently sometimes fix it by taking apart the throttle and giving it a clean. Otherwise its just a known weak point of what is a relatively cheap throttle.

I ended up just upgrading to the X56 HOTAS as it was something I was going to do anyway.

If it’s really bothering you while waiting for the hotfix (release date unknown) you can work around the message by deleting the running.lock file. I made a batch file & shortcut to delete the lock & launch the sim. Thus:

del “L:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2632947446-2646122361-4214480181-1002\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\running.lock”
“L:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe”

You would need to edit the file locations to suit your setup

Same…removed everything in community and ran in safe mode only, still CTD.
Watching other MSFS simmers YT streamers after update, they don’t have the issues.
NavBar doesn’t disappear, windows won’t pop-out.
Re-installed everything after the last update.

Has the hotfix sorted this out for anyone? I still get ‘safe mode’ message everytime I start the sim with nothing in Community folder.

I have two different shortcuts to start MSFS, one using the Steam ID and one using the EXE file. I found out that every time I start with the shortcut that references the EXE file, I get the Safe Mode prompt. I never get it when I start it with the Steam ID shortcut.

2 Likes

Thats the solution. Thanks for replying with the answer… frustration over. Cheers.

Safe flights!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.