Saitek Flight Panels

That was the answer! I didn’t see that in the documentation I downloaded for the program. Thanks for the advice.

Clean the trash can, lol

I installed the latest issue of Lorby, it took quite a while for the main window to show, then the simm crashed, Lorby kept going, I could see the menu where the Saitek Panels are seen and configured, and that was all…btw the free use has no limits at this moment

1 Like

lorby crashed the simm for me

1 Like

So sad, just brought Flight Multi panel to add to my Yoke, came home plugged it in. checked site for drivers - hmm 2020 not mentioned, powered up Sim - nada.

Logitech really disappointed me, why should I expand my system if they can not support the products.

to see people with thousands of $$ worth of extras show Logitech is failure.

1 Like

Reach out in this thread. The dev has been giving free and excellent support so far. Microsoft and Logitech should be taking notes. (Also, hey, it’s OP! You’re famous :smiley: )

@LorbySI has kindly provided a free demo for us to use while SimConnect is broken. Once it is fixed, he might justifiably ask for some compensation for all the technical support he’s been giving and to further develop the program :slight_smile:

Friendly reminder to everyone: petition Microsoft to fix SimConnect and to get our panels working so that 3rd party devs can concentrate on other things than trying to fix their mistakes, and we can concentrate on having fun with the sim.

2 Likes

I did few test running MSFS along with the 4 legacy versions of Simconnect, P3dv4.5.14.34698 is also installed for VR and Choppers (FYI).

• MSFS2020 alone: 45 FPS
  • With GFDevFSX.exe: 42 FPS
  • With GFIT for the MCP: 41 FPS
  • With Lorby AxxisandOhs_1_57_b06: Saitek Radio ARE NOW WORKING: 39 FPS
  • With Littlenavmap: 31 FPS
  • With Littlenavmap (Sim aircraft update at LOW, without Fletch any AI or Multiplayer aircraft, vehicle or boat: 35-37 fps)
  • Did not test Aivlasoft EFB v2, but I expect even lower FPS with there dual apps running in ‘Trojan horse’ style…)
  • I Can’t imagine what the PMDG FPS will look like…

All problem found:

• A lot of input Lag from all USB components, every input action are delayed.
  • Major mouse lag, I feel like a Windows Remote Desktop in a busy 2.4 GHz WIFI environment (Saturated EMF spectrum) with a cheap laptop. Feel like Microsoft Teams is running in the background… For those who are stuck with this apps at work, you know what I mean.
  • The moment you hit A/T ARM on MCP: the trim wheel keep pitching all the way up, can’t bypass (same as the Grounded Boeing 738 max MCAS problem…).
  • A lot of stutter even with a solid 30 FPS on final (Nvidia Surround 5760 x 1080 at 75hz monitors).
  • GFIT barely have the autopilot authority, AOA with AP is very different.
  • GoFlight LGTII Elevator trim wheel is not working.
  • Few dead zones on the Mixture axis, at lean position, and near idle cutoff (Specially when the 2 radio’s are USB connected).
  • With all those addons running, I saw an increased amount of upload data from Windows Defender SmartScreen, Microsoft EDGE and Microsoft EDGE update… Zendesk Tracking cookie from Logitech ? MSFS ? Lorby ? Goflight ? dxdiag ? MS compatibility Telemetry ? Nvidia’s backdoor hidden network connection ? Well, I’m Not a tracking cookie fan here. I like to read my news paper without someone behind my shoulder. MS people if it’s you guys, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP.
  • The pc now behave like a server with multiple user connected in virtual machine…
  • The next day, after a normal windows boot, all 3 screens where dimmed down (White is now yellow, except the mouse icon itself Full White) Some shade layers should not be running ? XBox Live ? Microsoft Store ? Steam ? MSFS2020 ? Few reboot did not fix the problem (sounds like a Spyware or malware stuck in the GPU process…)
  • Format c: and reload the previous C: Image, back to normal.

Same thing the next day, Strange pc behavior. Windows System Restore did not fix the lag, or the strange startup configuration, only C: Image recovery did.

— >>> This PC was formatted and freshly installed the day of MSFS2020 release (BIOS Mode UEFI, Secure boot State ON, Intel Hyper-V Virtualization = DISABLED. it’s basically debloated, all Windows 10 default apps are uninstalled, No Skype, No MS Office, no Candy CRUSH, no Solitaire games, no background task running, on idle USER memory @ 150 MB with no network, 190 MB with network, 330 MB with all Logitech Drivers running in the background…

Hardware:

• Saitek Yoke
  • Saitek X56 (Unplugged when it’s not VR in a Chopper)
  • Saitek Quadrant extra
  • Saitek Rudder
  • G29 Wheel for Tiller (PMDG’s and Qualitywings 787)
  • 2x Saitek Radios
  • Goflight LGTII
  • Goflight MCP Pro
  • Triple 32’ screens setup with the dodgy Nvidia Surround (Far from the good old Matrox GXM TripleHead2go on 1 HDMI port)
  • Asus Z270H MB
  • Intel i7-7700K OC @ 4.66Mhz
  • 32 GB RAM OC @ 3091 MHz single chanel (Dual CH Not compatible with 2 x M.2 NVMe)
  • Nvidia 1080ti
2 Likes

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

With 180 Degres of max rotation, installed up-side down :wink:

1 Like

If the Multipanel don*t show any number, it depends on the Windows USB Power Management. You should deactivate it for your saitek peripherals. The easiest way to do this, is spad.next. If you start spard.next as admin, it will fix this for you.
If you have problems with fps rates, it depends on a known issue in MFSM. All 3rd party apps, using the SimConnect Interface, have the same problem.
Azobo works on it and if they have fixed it, spad.next is a very good solution for the saikek problem.
I used spad.next with fsx and it works very well.

Scusi mi può spiegare come si fa?

Ok Pilots

Just had a reply from @LogitechGUK on twitter

So support is coming

(edit) Go & drop them some love on their reply (if you have twitter) to show we appreciate the reply & upcoming support

9 Likes

You may want to wait now as it appears that Logitech may be addressing it.

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine.

Is the tweet from a PM? I hope they are going to address this in a more official way. I’m really interested in what they mean by updated support. Is it Microsoft conjuring up native support, or is Logitech making updated drivers? In that case I really hope they are on MS about the SimConnect troubles.

Any way, good job on forcing some action out of them! I had absolutely zero faith in them. I guess one week is enough time to get the message out that they’re “working on it” :smirk:

1 Like

No public reply to one of my tweets I wouldnt share a PM like that (id just relay the info)
as you can see I tagged all parties in the original tweet only a few hours ago asking about an update on the situation (3 1/2 hours for a reply) pretty good

1 Like

I’m just incredulous that they would respond to a single tweet instead of their own support threads which are just burning out of control :laughing:

You have special juju that makes them talk, @Bacardibatman69. Use your powers for good.

4 Likes

Yes doesn’t make any sense but if they actually saw the err of their ways and trying to backdoor the drivers and release them without people knowing it would take the onus off them rather than making a public statement about it and admit their wrong doing!

2 Likes

I did get a response to a Facebook message asking for more information.

3 Likes

Interesting, either way there is definitely traction coming our way!

2 Likes

Please make sure to start the app before you start the sim.

The release version of MSFS is very sensitive to “events” on the USB front and likes to crash a lot when something is happening with the USB devices. Even when it is just AxisAndOhs. This issue also was not present in the Alpha, nor has this ever been a problem with the other sims in two years.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

1 Like