Saitek Flight Panels

sometime next week we will have caught up with the pre release! yay! :wink:

glad a fix is comming

1 Like

So before FS2020 was released I uninstalled all my P3D stuff and in the process I also uninstalled Simconnect thinking it was part of the P3D package. I can’t confirm whether a new version was installed with FS2020 or not. Can someone direct me to a download of the latest Simconnect module or whatever it is called? AFAIK, it is a Microsoft product. Thanks.

1 Like
1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what I did and the same thought occured to me.

I think we are ok however I don’t see any reference to simconnect [presumably installed by MSFS 2020] in Programs and Features.

Some clarity on this matter would be welcome.

I chose to install the X-Plane plugin just to see if Radio lit up in that sim. Everything is fine so the Radio panel isn’t faulty, just crappy driver isn’t compatible with FS 2020. Guess we’ll have to wait on the update.

Thanks or the tips.

1 Like

All that program does is disabled Enhanced Power Management. Essentially the Saitek panels go to sleep if they are turned on, then nothing communicates with them. This used to happen all the time with me with X-Plane, till I used this.

Without it, what you had to do was either turn the panels on just as you launch XP, or power cycle them if they have gone to sleep. The program removes that issue.

However, if you move them to another USB port, you will need to re-run the program, as the setting is written to a registry key(s) which relate to where the device is plugged in.

2 Likes

Ok with Lorby tools installed, panels seem to wok fine in FS 2020. I’ve disabled power management on all primary USB controller and hub devices via Windows 10 Device Manager and also in Power Plan settings :slight_smile:

It’s telling that small or one-man team utility authors such as Lorby and SPAD have managed to update their tools / drivers so quickly to work with the current SimConnect version yet a fairly large business like Logitech seem to struggle :wink:

2 Likes

Sadly those behemoth corporations aren’t interested in your experience, they are win by accountants and only interested in numbers. They still have not realised that if you provide the superior service and manpower to sorry their products those numbers they crunch will be larger if they invest into people. They were not taught that in accounting class :thinking::thinking:

To spad and axis and oh users the pain will soon be over with MS and Asobo repairing simconnect :pray::pray::airplane::airplane::+1::+1:

1 Like

This is why the phrase …

"Shareholder value is a result, not a strategy. Your main constituencies are your employees, your customers and your products. Managers and investors should not set share price increases as their overarching goal. Short-term profits should be allied with an increase in the long-term value of a company.”

… exists. Basically, don’t cut costs by squeezing your employees’ wages and making everyone’s moral plummet, trimming customer service levels and cutting back on product development and improvement.

Sadly, a lot of companies have yet to receive the memo :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s just a matter of waiting. I sent an email to logitech and they answered me this

Dear RAUL​,

Thank you for contacting Logitech! My name is Nile and I’m glad to assist you with this matter.

As of the moment, a plugin for the MS Flight Sim 2020 is not available. Due to unforeseen changes between the Alpha and final versions of Flight Simulator, updated support for the Flight Panels has been delayed until September.

We will make sure to follow up with this concern to our appropriate team.

For future reference, your ticket number for this issue is 3929353​ and you can reference it should you have any further questions regarding this case.

​Best regards,
Nile
Logitech Customer Support

1 Like

There is a free trial package which supports FIPs with some limited functions at x-planeorg until something better comes along. Search forums for “FIP” - supports FS2020 FSX P3D as well as x-plane

Logitech / Saitek has a captive market with its proprietary hardware, so I think it should put the software that provides the SimConnect service on Github and open it up to community contributions. The more people working to improve it, the quicker the update cadence. I often wonder just how many Logitech staff are assigned to the upkeep of the software that provides the functionality to a large range of products in use by a large number of people. I certainly hope it’s more than Microsoft has assigned to getting Marketplace addons updated :wink:

Great idea, it will never happen sadly because it would open up the ability for logi to not have full control of the limitation of their hardware if they choose to have standard/deluxe versions.

Example with Canon cameras that use the same die for many models of their cameras, example the high end camera bodies have the same ICB as lower models but use firmware to make the low and hi end models. A hacker once re wrote code on firmware for a lower end camera and essentially people had a much higher end camera based off the hack. I think manufacturers do not like there softwares and firmwares in the hands of you and I. Just my 2 cents.

This is simultaneously plausible and sad :frowning:

I haven’t seen proof of Logitech doing anything with it’s Pro Flight series since they aquired it from Saitek in 2016. It’s all been the sims themselves or third parties who’ve ensured compatibiltiy. To this day Logitech markets compabilty with two generations old sims:

I honestly think they’ve stopped manufacturing these panels and were just waiting for them to sell off so they could discontinue them.

I think the same; I immagine when on 18th people starts calling their thech support and the managers “uh?.. what?.. a new flight simulator?.. who made it?.. ach!!!” :slight_smile:

1 Like

What means Logitech Support exactly. Will I need i.e. spas.next as well?

We have no idea. They haven’t said.

Either Microsoft is making our panels work natively (probably not, or they would have said so), or they are just fixing SimConnect and we can use Lorby, SPAD.next or whatever trinkets us sim peasants amuse ourselves with.

Hah, gave me a laugh because that’s exactly how I envisioned it :joy:
Anyway, as luck (or bad luck) would have it, my Logitech G29 Keyboard went ■■■■ up, they don’t like Fresh orange juice apparently…
So, needed a new Keyboard, straight to Logi, as I always do, then I realised they fobbed me off with excuses when I bought their panels for this very sim and so I bought my Keyboard from someone else. Cherry MX, lovely sound. never had a mech keyboard before…
Thank you LOGITECH!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grin:

We always remember Logitech…It’s a shame you don’t.
Hit them in the pocket or Nuke em from orbit It’s the only way to be sure" :boom:

3 Likes