Saitek X52 Problem

So i have the Saitek x52 HOTAS and for some reason recently my Y axis on the flight stick has a bounce to it. Its kinda like im tapping it constantly when im not even touching it! I have moved the neutral position in the sensitivities as a work-around, but its not ideal. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and has it been fixed? Ive tried re-centering and unplugging and plugging back in, but no dice.

Try increasing your dead zone in the sim’s sensitivity settings by a couple of percent. That should eventually get rid of it. I had that issue with the thumb stick on my X56. Putting a dead zone of 5% fixed it for me.

Thanks…that seems to have fixed it better. I just find it strange that it does it at all.

It could be something as simple a dirt in the potentiometer for that axis causing its zero value to fluctuate a bit. Introducing that dead zone basically cancels out that signal fluctuation as far as the sim is concerned.

Can you calibrate the stick with the Saitek calibration tool first?

I don’t know. I didn’t install that garbage on my system.

1 Like

Saitek’s are notorious for constant calibration, every week even. I binned mine a very long time ago.

I have a newer X56 with the Logitech G branding. Outside of that drift issue with the thumb stick, I never calibrated it once for the several months I used it with MSFS and it was always fine.

I have a Honeycomb Alpha and Logitech throttle quadrant now, so I don’t use the X56 for MSFS any more. My son uses it though, and he hasn’t had to do any calibration either.

I think the key is just not using their horrible software.

Calibrate first though and then configure it in MSFS, can’t do any harm, maybe some good even.

Perhaps. I can’t say for sure. All I can say is that outside of that thumb stick which is apparently a common issue with the X56, I’ve never had an issue and never calibrated anything.

Fair enough, only takes a few moments to calibrate and I have noticed it brings the native dead zone back into line, maybe it is different for joysticks because of the way they are built.

I found changing the dead zone in the settings changes the deadzone both directions. If I do it through the calibration i can unlink and only do the direction i get the bounce! Thanks for all the replies…great help!

SO…i figured out why im getting the bounce. I had my stick on my powered Logitech powered mouse pad so i guess it was messing up something. I figured it out because i was looking at my deadzones at the same time as picking it up and moving it to figure it out. Noticed every time i put it down it would start up again then it hit me! Now i just moved my pad over a little bit and all set!! So if your having the same issue, maybe you have the same situation!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.