Saitek Yoke and Throttle shuts down the engines

Having a very strange issue. If i start the engines without touching my yoke or throttle before, once i implement anything on yoke or throttle the engines go dead.

Same thing is also happening everytime i hit ESC and resume flight with the same equipment.

Anyone having anything similar, any ideas?

My old Triumph Herald Vitesse 2.0 used to do this if I started the car without using the choke. When the engine fired, if I just touched the throttle it would cut out.

I fixed it by installing an electronic device to auto-set the choke function.

Is it possible that the mixture is mapped to the engine2 throttle? By default the x-56 hotas is mapped that way.

I use the Saitek Yoke and Throttles and don’t have any issues with engines shutting down. Having said that, I created a custom controller profile by clearing all of the default mappings and setting everything up to my personal preferences.

I do have an issue with flight controls in the 172, but it is different to what you describe above. For me the flaps are fully extended on resumption of the flight. I have not got to the bottom of the cause yet.

Not only with throttle but with the yoke i am having the same problem and it’s not binded to anything. Still couldn’t find the solution.

I have noticed recently w X52 that if I hit esc to main menu then come back to flying, mixture always goes to idle cutoff - every prop. i recently updated the drivers. but fwiw - i’m getting this problem

1 Like

With the latest mini update (end of last week) I noticed that they had changed behaviour for a start on runway that would result in the engines cutting out if throttle was pulled all the way back at the time you enter the flight.

Other than that I’m not seeing any changes to my throttle behaviour. (Virpil CM2)