SamScene3D announced New York City Times

10 Likes

I hope the new building models blend well with the photogrammetry.

I’ve volunteered to be the guinea pig - downloading now, will let you know what I make of it!

3 Likes

I just hope this didn’t affect fps like orbx’s

Nope. Just watch at 2:33 and how the melted mess is still there.

First impressions - extremely good! No fps impact on my mediocre system. Spawned at Teterboro and the skyline is clearly visible and way more detailed than default. Flying over Manhattan it’s immediately apparent they’ve added loads of detailed buildings. Early days but I’m very happy so far.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing any melted buildings anywhere near my aircraft - but I only bought it a few minutes ago…

Do the new buildings by samscene stand out too much from the dark photogrammetry buildings?

Not to my eyes. I’d say they blend in very well. Really pleased with smoothness. My settings are on a mix of High End and Ultra but not seeing any degradation in performance

Just changing weather settings and with some broken clouds it looks beautiful. For the price its well worth it imho - great place to show off the sim

2 Likes

I’m definitely getting this!

I’m pretty sure you won’t regret it, I certainly don’t!

1 Like

Could you check with snow? Do they stand out or did they add some snow textures?

1 Like

Looks like snow textures may not have been added…Lots of bare roofs.

1 Like

Do their other SamScene scenery buildings not show snow either?

Hmm can’t decide on this.

I own several Samscene3d products in MSFS since they do lots of cities in Asia and there are no alternatives. The scope of each of their products is impressive but the quality is just meh.

If I’m going to buy an add-on for New York it needs to be the best. I wonder if any other developers like Orbx or Drzewiecki are also planning on doing New York in the future.

Yeah, the lack of snow texturing for a city like New York is a bit disappointing. That said, I do like the Times Square billboards and the Roosevelt Island tramway especially. It is definitely better than the photogrammetry alone and the performance was smooth for me. For me, I’m happy with the purchase.

3 Likes

Yeah… not a huge deal. I’ll buy it when it comes to simmarket

1 Like

I am not sure, but I have all the snow roofs with the scenery, try different setting ?

1 Like

I am not sure, but I have all the snow roofs with the scenery, try different setting ?

1 Like