Sardinia Bush Flight

I decided to fly the Sardinia bush flight in the latest update. I got halfway through the first leg and had a CTD. (this isn’t the issue) After being away from my PC for a couple of hours I decided to try this again. It started from where I had my CTD and I continued on to complete leg one by landing at the airport at the end of that leg. When I had stopped a message came up saying that I had finished that leg with the option to continue or finish. I selected to finish and take a break. When I started again there was no course marked out on the heading display and also no course on the mini map where you click on the button that says get back on track. Have I done something wrong or is this a bug?

Moved to Community Help-Miscellaneous.

This is a bug. There are a few posts that describe a workaround, however I will post it here for more visibility.

When you finish a Bush trip leg, you must continue the leg and let the sim load the start of the next leg. Once you have loaded into the plane on the runway you can exit to the main menu. You will need to do this at the end of each leg. This works for both PC and Xbox

Just so you know, this brings forth another bug. Your bush trip leg flight might not get recorded in your logbook if you use the above workaround to preserve the flight plan. The workaround for that is to exit to main menu when given the option by the UI after completing a leg. It is a choice of which bug can you accept. At least on the Xbox side.

If you search the forum for bush trip flight plan you should be able to find a fix on the pc side in which you must find and edit the .flt file for the bush trip. Thereby preserving the flight plan and saving to your logbook.

2 Likes

Bush-trips are, and have been borked since the beginning.

Work-arounds sometimes work, sometimes not.

Some times the leg completes, but there’s no checkmark…other times it won’t trigger…

some times legs complete with checkmarks…sometimes the log shows 1 take-off and 1 landing, sometimes it shows only 1 take-off or landing…sometimes none at all.

Completely strange randomness that ultimately has no work-around.

Sometimes they say it’s being fixed, most of the time it’s not.

Maybe some day they’ll get around to fixing it…maybe not.

Who knows?

That worked. I have now done 50% of this trip. Thanks.

Let’s stick to the truth.
Bushtrips have not been borked since the beginning.
The mess began with SU5 and became even worse with SU6 and SU7.
And hopefully they will be fixed with SUX.
At least this is what was said in the last Dev Q&A by the 3 Marketing Managers.
To be honest, I believe that they are fixed when I will have finished a bushtrip and all issues are gone.
And not a moment earlier.