Saving and Loading a Free Flight. Lost flight plan

I noticed that if I save a flight mid-flight and come back to it later, the flight plan is not displaying in the g1000 (I am in a Cessna 172 skylark.). Is there any way to reload the flight plan in game or a mod that will make it work? Thanks!

1 Like

No, the in-flight “constant state” has the same problem as “Travel To” during an active flight. When you reload (in the case of a save) or arrive at the next point in Travel To, aircraft system status and condition aren’t saved. AP is off, DeIce is off, etc.

So there is no way to reload the flight plan in the in-game g1000 or gps?. I know real units have a load function but I don’t think it’s implemented in-game but I may be wrong. This is a bad bug. I don’t like using the sim speedup frunction for long flights.

You can manually file the flight plan once you’re back in-cockpit I believe, but I’ve never taken a long enough flight where I needed to save in-flight.

Can you load the “.pln” file into the g1000 directly or do you have to re-enter everything?

No, you can’t load the PLN file in-cockpit, that can only be done at the Flight Planner screen (Before clicking Ready to Fly).

You’ll have to hand enter on the Garmin unit in-cockpit.

1 Like

What a bad bug. I can’t believe it hasn’t been looked into yet. It makes saving basically useless.

1 Like

Pretty much. The longest flight I had was today - 2:02:00, 700NM from Providence to Hilton Head via the Citation.

To be honest, I can’t sit there for too long, so it’s probably a good thing, but I feel for anyone who gets interrupted or for the long-haul folks who literally like to fly 8 hour segments. Not for me, but to each their own.

To load in a flight plan after restarting a flight, go the the Pause menu and select “Load”. The file input box restricts the selectable files to .flt files. Put in . into the file name box. All the files in the sub directory become available. Select the .pln flight plan saved at the beginning of the flight.

1 Like

Will the plane location stay where it is currently or will the flight restart at the beginning again using your method?

1 Like

Only the .flt files have the aircraft location. The .pln file does not contain aircraft location info.

1 Like

Thanks for the workaround. This seems to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.