Screen Flickering Issues

Hi,
I have an Oculus Rift S with an RTX2080 Super. I am getting screen flickering. It seems to be worse after the latest update. It was occasional before but now it is much more constant. I’ve included a video demonstrating what I’m talking about. Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of it? My VR works fine in other programs i.e. Google Earth VR. No flickering issues at all

1 Like

It is caused by an Oculus update , revert back to ver 25 , it will solve the flickering

I’m using Oculus software, Version 25.0

I am having this same issue too, but my flickering is a lot more frequent. Its hard to see, but it seems as if the flickering is caused by the VR display suddenly going into an external/ outside view.

The only thing i did was try to activate Oculus Mirror and set up OBS Studio recently. But even with those switched off i still get this issue. It is making VR unplayable.

I would appreciate any help.

I tried optimizing my system to performance, yet to no avail. I have no problems in other software related to my Oculus Rift S. I can only think that it’s a result of the new update. Before, I would occasionally have a flicker, but not this bad. Here is another video and it flickers really bad…

I have the exact same issue, and it started happening after the latest update. Any luck with a solution yet?

Nothing. Interesting thing though… when I was flying VR, I went into the Drone Mode with the XBox controller. As I was moving around, I noticed the plane flickering (as it was consistently throughout the flight) but the background and landscape did not flicker. I moved the drone pretty far away from the plane and the plane was flickering, but nothing else.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. Seems the plane flickers suddenly. I did not have this until yesterday. Even after the UK update everything was working last week. Will check on the Oculus updates. I am in Beta branch as this was the workaround for me to make VR work correctly after last VR Update. Maybe I will try now return to stable updates if there was one yesterday. Maybe a first step to resolve this.

I am so used to flying in VR that it feels boring in 2D (even though the graphics look far superior in 4k than in Rift S)…

I use Quest 2 and had flickering really bad after world update 3. Seems like Oculus updated their beta software around world update 3. So fix for me was to deselect beta software in Oculus App, then uninstall oculus PC app and then download from Oculus and reinstall the PC Oculus app. Now it is back to how it was previously and FS2020 VR is useable again at least for me.

I can confirm, that opting out of the Beta Channel and returning to latest stable version (v25?) worked fine and I was to able to do a 40 minutes flight with only one flicker instead of one flicker every 3-5 seconds.

2 Likes

Good news! I updated my Oculus software to 25.0.0.57.658. The BLIPS are gone!

2 Likes

With the Oculus software, click on Settings, then click Beta and make sure Public Test Channel is turned off. Then Oculus should update to version 25.0.0.57.658.

1 Like

Now only one Blip in 20 Min After oculus update 25

1 Like

THE BLIPPING HAS RETURNED
Attention Microsoft Flight Simulator Team. I had a blipping issue previously. When I turned off beta, the Oculus software reverted to 25.0.0.41.658. Now, oculus (automatically – with no choice) updated to version 26.1.0.41.502. The blipping has returned. I have no blipping issues in any other vr software

2 Likes

Same Problem since Update. And now??

I learnt on another thread that using LINK and for MS Store FS2020 you have the option of using SteamVR instead of Oculus Runtime.

I have just tried it and it works as well as Oculus Runtime did before the flashing issue.

Just need to change the registry entry like you do for Virtual Desktop to point to SteamVR.

So now without changing registry I can use Link or Virtual Desktop options

Excellent News. Oculus has fixed the bug! Go to Beta and turn the Public Test Channel on. Oculus will update to version 27.0.0.27.507 (27.0.0.27.507). A couple of drivers will also install. I flew a flight in Italy over hilly terrain and rainy (real world) weather and I had none, no not one, blip!!! Even version 25 had 5 or so in a 1/2 hour flight. This flight was an hour and nine minutes long and I can tell you, there was not one blip! It also ran very smooth! So happy they fixed it! Great job Oculus!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Odd as I’ve got the Beta on but my software’s not budged from version 26. After unticking beta, letting the 26 drivers install, then reclicking beta and let the drivers download and install, it’s still on 26. Auto updates on and all that.

Version 27.0.0.27.507 of the Oculus-Software works fine. Just downloaded the new Beta Version and the Blips are gone. Happy Flying!!!

1 Like

27 + reboot did the trick for me.