Screen tearing introduced by 16/02/21 update

Thanks for your help man. Just wanted to confirm before I try this, I have to set in-game V-sync option to off and set V-sync to “Fast” in Nvidia control panel right?

That’s what I did, and it worked fine for me, good luck.

Love your Beechcraft setup!

Unfortunately, this has not worked for me. When move left and right in the cockpit, lots of screen tearing and when panning down in bird’s eye view of the scenery, I also see a lot screen tearing and slow refresh rate. I have tested this in both windowed and full screen mode.

I have lost 5 FPS with this update. I was thinking that this time update was good but again…

I put vsync controlled by the application in nvcp and I activated vsync in the sim at 30 and the tearing disappeared
I’m in HDMI, I removed the Gsync

So after lots of trial and error, I may have fixed my screen tearing problem and hopefully works out for you as well so you can get back to your sweet setup. Unlike the usual setting recommendation for other users, I set my v-sync to 3d application controlled in Nvidia CP and in-game v-sync to ON, The in-game setting can be chosen to either 30 or 60, (for me the sweet spot being 60). Now there are no visible tearing when panning left to right in cockpit and scenery bird’s eye view.

The sim will have to restarted for the changes to take effect

Hopefully this may help others.

2 Likes

I change the in-game V-Sync settings to On with 30 FPS
Nearly no loss of FPS. Works fine

AMD 5700 XT (Adrenalin driver 20.10.1)
AMD Ryzen 7

1 Like

Hmmm, didn’t work for me but I’m using a Samsung 43" TV as a monitor. Never had tearing before.

John

This worked for me also!

John

Addition: Your monitor frequency must be 100 hertz or higher (!?)

After this update, I had the same issue with Vsync “FAST”. Setting Vsync to “ON” in the Nvidia control panel worked for me, using an RTX3090 myself

Hi everybody. I would like to adress this message to the Asobo team. I’m surprised and clearly very disapointed and little bit angry with facing this tearing issue after the last FS update. Whatever you can set your Vsync or Gsunc or whatever sync you want the game is sold to be palyed by various people getting various configuration. It’s a shame the game update is not robust against these basic things for a PC game. It is now almost impossible to go on IVAO and play a game with controllers as you never know what will be the bahaviour of the plane while flying. I hope this will be fixed quickly. I hope ASOBO will communicate on this issue and prpose a fix. It’s not a freeware…
Regards

1 Like

I have not such an issue…

I use fullscreen mode, In-Game Vsync Setting and Nvidia-Controll-Panel is on “all Default” ( no special manuly setting ) which is for Vsync “let application decide”.

2080TI / 461.40

Yes, I have the same.

I uninstalled the nVidia control panel and installed Riva tuner. In-game vsync to on and 60fps. Use Riva tuner to limit to 54fps. All tearing gone for me. Hope this helps others.

Hello !

Same issue here, I quote one of the users who sums up the situation well :

Before update with v-sync off (not limited by FPS) = perfectly, smooth.
Now with v-sync on and limited FPS (60) = worse.
Now with v-sync off = unplayable.(screen tearing)

I use the Radeon Enhanced Sync (I have disable this after this issue but issue is always here)

My graphic card = Radeon RX 580

Yip switching VSync to ‘fast’ sorted it for me - many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I used to have Vsync turned off in-game before the update, but after the update I could either have screen tearing with V-sync turned off or juddering framerate with V-sync turned on. Setting V-sync to “fast” in the Nvidia control panel and restarting the game fixed the problem. It doesn’t matter whether I set the V-sync in-game or not, I now once again get the smoother framerate that I had pre-update. RTX 2070 Super.

I still get a periodic stutter when I set my vsync to fast in nvidia control panel, But if I dont’t have it on, there are less stutters but the screen tears bad. I am running a 60Hz monitor