SDK broken or crappy new process

YES! That works… i now have all my models back, just by not building, package in community folder

Now you have to drag and drop everything every time and, God forbid, forget to clear the community folder before the next update)

only a bafoon could create this from what it was before. But its good that taxiway paths are now rendered, had to wait 5 weeks for this

Brilliant!! It’s not ideal but at least we can work lol

Yeah, its good news. I dont care how many hoops we have to jump, as long as it works it works

By the way, now it works for me without moving the assembled package to the community folder, as before it works from the project folder :slightly_smiling_face: At the same time, opening the project, I can see the model in the model selection rollout and not rebuild the project. Some kind of mysticism and witchcraft.

1 Like

anybody here who implemented this workaround was able to resync his aircraft without crashing?

To my knowledge nobody is able to do anything now without a full sim reload.

Waiting for comment from Asobo. They are nuking their developer ecosystem right now. I hope they even know.

3 Likes

This topic should definitely get more attention!

2 Likes

I luckily have the old installers for the SDK still, and since I’ve gotten another clump of grey hair since this update I’m wondering if downgrading the SDK will help at this point?

1 Like

I thought upgrading it might help, it did not. I don’t think the SDK is consumed by the game, only tools outside the game consume the SDK for resources that the game would then load (like wasm or bgl). I could be wrong of course.

1 Like

This whole thing is pretty disappointing overall. We can’t invest in this ecosystem with stuff like this. Bugs and growing pains are OK but if we are waiting like this for weeks this is a serious problem.

Asobo needs to communicate to developers that they understand there is a problem and are going to fix it.

I can’t tell if the other sim problems with the upgrade are critical or not, maybe the developer story being broken is a drop in the bucket and they are working to revert to the old version.

Either way, more than 48hrs of this and Microsoft shareholders should complain. This is unreasonable and unacceptable.

4 Likes

I specifically noticed they changed the folder/file structure for sceneries and airports so I think they’re trying to overhaul the entire system but haven’t actually communicated the changes properly. I’m hoping for a revert as well, but I’m not holding my breath.

1 Like

Hello @Jummivana, could you escalate this up to the devs please. We are all suffering from the stopp of third party development that this new problem has caused. Please!

4 Likes

I assume you meant downgrading, by the way?

No, I mean I had the old version (which isn’t usually a problem) so I upgraded it. I don’t recall which version I was on, so I am no help here.

Also, they have broken the stand-alone wasm support… this is a huge problem for anyone who is using more than the most basic of control/monitor setups.

1 Like

this needs to be fixed before wednesday’s livestream

Frantic reading fellows ¡¡
Oh my…
The Honey is piling up and seems bees havent noticed…

I am just an hobbiest , but boy , there is much much more than a few FPS lost over “Whatever.Airport” or broken/misleading/destructive update process.

I wonder…

Hello guys.
So I read that you have to place every time your package in the community folder to be able to see your models. You don’t have to. Just leave the buildt package in the Package folder. Your models will be then shared, I don’t know why, among your project that have a package buildt in the Package folder (try and you’ll see). To be able to see the model tho, once choosen the project, don’t immediately build the package but instead load it. Now the model will be there. If you build the package first, you won’t be able to see it. If you remove the package from the Package folder, the step to do are the following: open Msfs and ONLY build the project, re-start Msfs and ONLY load the project. All your stuff will be there.