SDK duplicates CTD (Load Scenery)

I had a permanent CTD on the SDK Load Scenery button. Reported it to Zendesk. Got a bunch of generic suggestions like remove mods, if nothing helps reinstall the game (cause its so small right?) etc etc. Told them I managed to fix the problem. Said they were happy and are going to mark the issue as solved and close the ticket. Told them my issue is solved but the sdk still has the issue.

Their reply is what baffles me…They said they will review the information and come back to me shortly. Now my question is if I figured out why the SDK was CTD every time why would they not just ask me what the problem I managed to fix was?

2 Likes

I can’t speak to why they didn’t ask, but what you can do is outline in this thread what you think is the solution, mark it as such using the three dots menu. This could help the next person who encounters it.

2 Likes

Yes as someone who has probably spent more time in the sdk than flying, it would be good to know your solution incase this issue came up.

Well I read someone else’s post somewhere where it said if you create duplicates it names it copy and if you duplicate that, it names it copy copy ans so it goes on and on. Thats why my project would not load. I had a bunch of copy, copy copy, copy copy copy. Rename anything called copy in the xml file and your project should load in editor again.

To be fair it doesn’t sound like that was an issue with the SDK but with how files were named/set up and would explain why they put it down as solved.

The SDK names the duplicates copy, copy copy, copy copy copy etc and then it crashes as a result. Sounds like a issue with the SDK to me

Im not sure I understand you correctly but it sounds like you are talking about the package as a whole. What I was talking about is placing a piece of scenery or apron etc and then duplicating it which the sim then names copy. Not sure if we are on the same page?

That would probably work I haven’t tried it. I changed all my apron copies to apron1, apron2, apron3 etc. What im saying in this post is the SDK names your duplicates copy, copy copy…then it crashes when you try to load it again or atleast thats what mine did. I haven’t read the instructions or notes on the SDK so I don’t know if it tells you when you duplicate something rename it otherwise your project might crash.

I think objects with the same name is ok but objects with names: copy, copy copy, copy copy copy… the SDK doesn’t seem to like that naming.

So Sorry just realised I miss understood what you was saying. I thought you meant duplicates of the folders for your projects, cos if you copy and paste a file it will add copy to the end of the duplicate file name.

Weird as I have duplicated many items and not had any issue’s but atleast will know to look out for it should I have similar issue’s in future.

1 Like

It could, but one friendly suggestion would be if the OP could click the pencil icon and update the title of this thread. Titles such as, “Can someone explain the logic to me?” aren’t very descriptive, and search engines prioritize forum topic titles. Just a suggestion to help others find this if they are having the same issue. Thanks for reporting your findings in this, however.

1 Like

Yes I have the same problem , completely crazy what SDK 0.10.0 is doing, now if I copy any more apron textures like stop marks the package compiler fails. Never had this problem with 0.9.0, many wasted days with the new SDK
Also has a problem copying painted lines
But objects are ok

Weird I actually done this today and had several items called copy copy and copy copy copy and it didn’t crash for me next time I loaded in.
The items were models I had created in blender so maybe that makes a difference.

Maybe hey. These days I CTD when clicking build. Restart the game, load the package again and build, no CTD so hell knows whats going on.

1 Like

If you keep getting crashes I would re-install the sdk as had it on previous versions where it would just randomly CTD but after re-install it never CTD again. I haven’t yet had a crash with the latest version yet, and I spend probably 5 hours a day in the sdk.

I did a reinstall but maybe should try it again.

Could try deleting these two files highlighted, as this has sorted other issue’s out such as vegatation removal no working several times for me.
It will reset the positions of the boxes when in dev mode so will have to re-arrange them though.

AT FSDeveloper a member found not only ‘copy’, but the insertion of ma non-alphanumeric character in the XML file, and that was the actual cause of the problem. SO scanning the XML files seems a logical starting point to debug, as well as renaming the copy copy copy…

What exactly does it re-arrange?

Yes that’s what I do these days because I cant rename every duplicate I make, it will take too long, so I duplicate as much as I like and afterwards open the .xml file and search and replace the word copy with an empty space :smiley:

1 Like

it just puts your tool boxes back to default position if you moved them it’s cos deleting those files resets the sdk. It won’t effect any of your projects.

1 Like