SDK Wishlist

Can we have a separate wishlist (just like self-service/wishlist) dedicated to SDK features, with voting?
Maybe this way Asobo can display this list also when discussing progress on update articles, and help define priorities.
I think it is one step for better progress tracking, more transparency and community input as far as SDK is concerned.

thanks

7 Likes

This is a great idea. One thing that comes to mind is that I’d like to see simconnect variables for all the useable switches in the aircraft. This would be a huge help when using hardware cockpit switches to control things in the sim. Additionally, I’d also like some kind of clear explanations as to what the settings are in the various cfg files. As an example, I’d like to know how the electrical systems work in regards to amps and circuits in the systems.cfg file.

3 Likes

Need the Key Events to work in simconnect. Need to add key events for all knobs/buttons on the G1000 and G430/530 so hardware can operate the bezels for the undocked nav displays used in hardware panels.

2 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:
Removed a link that no longer exists.

As a developer of a flight planning [program], I (and others) would like a way to obtain a list of the FS2020 airports (position, name, country/city, etc). It would be enough to publish the format of the BGL files. I understand that the Asobo developers will wish to change the BGL format from time to time, and therefore don’t want to make it public. However, most developers would understand the need for such changes provided the new formats were made available.

Something that should be added is the ability to change the types and heights of AI generated buildings. For example selecting a city block and putting in the average height of buildings, type of buildings, the regional type etc. Right now there’s a lot of places that are supposed to have houses but have 5 storey buildings and that really destroys the immersion in some cases (if you’re from that place and you know what it’s supposed to be like).
A system where you could submit these changes to Asobo would also be great. The edits could be approved by the team and integrated into the actual build.

Yes agreed.
ALL the pilot controlled functionality of ALL aircraft should be ‘brought out’ via the simconnect interface.

I’m trying to replace bing maps with Google maps but I need to find the msfs sdk samples folder, any ideas?

All Blender users, please vote here for a native Blender exporter from Asobo:

Native Blender exporter - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums