Sea Textures quality

I checked out the oceania trailer I thought I’d visit these islands, but i noticed the sea textures from the retail build and trailer is different, i’ve already set graphics to ultra and no matter what weather settings I’ve tried, I cannot see the green sea textures. Anyone tried visit here, North-West of Moorea island.

I have a slow internet, maximum 20Megabit, but when I check my network, it doesn’t even attempt to download any data (on this island), unlike if I visit Photogrammetry cities, it maxes my bandwidth.

8 Likes

Same. Where are reef barriers in tropical places ???

No, it’s not included.

I guess it wasn’ t the best move to advertise and show something that is currently not in your product.

7 Likes

That is outrgight embarrassing tbh.

6 Likes

Don’t why they don’t activated looks horrible the island and coast they mention on video that water clear depends on the seasons mmmhhh!

It falls under false/misleading advertising and is actually illegal. People would be justified in a refund for sure just for that as there are laws about what and how you advertise and deliver.

4 Likes

The reason for the water masking was explained in the recent Q&A video. Its worth a watch :+1:

What is the exact explanation for this downgrade? The missing shallow water effect/appearance has driven me nuts since release. Moorea and several other places with reef have disappointed me a lot.

Found the Q&A video and they discuss the water effects around 28 minutes in. However they do not explain the missing water effects as compared to e.g. the Oceania trailer. I am generally very happy with the game, but this is straight up bulls*** to release such a trailer post launch, knowing it is not actually seen in the game.

2 Likes

The reason was that the video was filmed over a year ago when different Bing data was being used and the water was shallow in the areas with masking at that particular time. When new Bing data was generated at a different time of year the A.I removed the masking on shallow waters and replaced with generic water. Asobo need to re-do the masking by hand on the affected areas which may take some time is my understanding. It has been acknowledged though and is being slowly added back in.

1 Like

Just came across this because I went to visit this area in the sim. Very very disappointing. It’s like a different product.

1 Like