Search function in World Map broken?

Am I the only one that uses the flight planner instead of manually programing flights in the FMS?

Issue I am having is I can no longer create a flight plan because the search function only lists airports and no longer lists VORs or other waypoints. The only way around this is to manually find the VOR or waypoint on the map which would be difficult to do. Perhaps this is my cue to just learn how to use the FMS…

Not sure if I accidently changed a setting or if this is a new bug?

I’m having the same issue and I didn’t change any of my settings.

1 Like

I think to get NAVAIDS to show in search is to enable them in the filter. Of course, stupidly, the game does not save your filter settings.

You can edit WorldmapFilters.xml located at \Official\OneStore\fs-base\worldmap\ and it will save your filter preferences.

2 Likes

Same issues here. I have begun importing my SimBrief flight plan and it works like a boss! I just have to check my departure gate and approach.

Really wishing I’d done this months ago!

This is the way.

1 Like

I have been editing the .xml since the beginning of MSFS and I just checked the .xml file and it has my preferances. I don’t know what’s going on with it.

Hi All,

Don’t know because for me …The Flight Planner search works fine albeit it’s better to enter VOR and Waypoint names in capitals.

And for me the Sim is now remembering my Map Filters and have never needed to amend any .xml file

Weird .

Interesting… Out of curiosity, are you on xbox or ms store bought? Im on PC, steam edition.

Example of what I am getting below in the screenshots. I have VOR CRL entered in the search but only airports with CRL show, no VOR listed. Below that is a screenshot of my filters. I think I have all checked that I need to.

Either way not a huge deal for me, just forced me to learn the FMS which was much easier than I thought. Plus I can fly airways that I dont believe the world map would let you enter. Thanks all!

I can’t say I’ve ever tried searching for a VOR in the MSFS flight planner so I don’t know if it ever worked before, but I get the same results as you now.

• Windows/MS Store version
  • have Navigraph data installed
  • switching “navaids” on in “filters” doesn’t seem to make a difference to search

For me, at least the other day when this started (after the patch), it would show up in the map if I zoomed in close enough (default zoom not close enough). Still a pain, but workable if you must use it.

1 Like

Do you mean that zooming in on the map changes the results from the search?

No, the search drop down still will not list waypoints (only airports). However the waypoint or VOR you seek will be on the map when you zoom to it (if you know it’s approximate location). As you scroll in, it will appear first as a white dot, then as you zoom closer., it’s symbol can be made out and it’s clickable.

1 Like

Oh! I see what you mean. :slight_smile: Yes, if you know where it is that’s an ok workaround. :smiley:

I use Navigraph charts on a different machine so it’s easy that way, but EVERYONE can use SkyVector at skyvector.com. In the top left you can enter any waypoint or VOR and the map will zoom to it. You can also copy a flight plan into it and it will show your entire route, and then you can overlay live weather maps, etc. Very handy for following weather on your route visually as well.

1 Like

If you’re flying the US, you can also click directly on plates for the airports if you don’t otherwise have access. You just type in the airports for your plan, then hover the airport name for a list of PDFs.

Hi sorry for late reply
I’m on PC store msfs2020…
Regards
Ex tenebris

Hi TougherVeil
I owe you an apology

I double checked and I hadn’t loaded the latest WU ie Italy and Malta scenery update only the sim update previous to that.

Can confirm that the WU ie Italy …broke the Map Filters again and yes your selections are Not persistent, not only that it broke my sound setup as well ….lost my razor earphones as communication device so both sim and ATC back thru 1 channel duh ……thanks Microsoft/Asobo…… I hate updates

Apologies once again
Regards
Ex Tenebris

No worries there, and thanks for the replies!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.