Seeking Official Statement re: PC Marketplace Content Marked Xbox

Is it possible for us to receive an official statement regarding the PC Marketplace content that is marked as Xbox that is currently not available in the Xbox Marketplace?

Specifically, if we purchase any of this content now, to be used on PC, is the fact that it is also marked Xbox mean that it is definitely coming to the Xbox at some point in the future?

There are aircraft that I’d like to be enjoying now on my PC, but I’m hesitant to purchase them if they are absolutely not eventually making their way to Xbox.

Could someone with official information regarding this matter please make a statement?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Just from years of XBOX Live and Game Pass (Been with both from the start) XBOX is always on a delay. PC always gets patched first and gets new content first (unless held back to match the XBOX release).

This has a LOT to do with XBOX quality control as one can not upgrade their hardware or work through many issues with sheer horsepower.

I also suspect the XBOX SDK isn’t quite as full featured and stable as the PC which is holding things back.

In general, I focus on purchasing things I KNOW will be on XBOX (like anything Asobo releases). Anything else, I buy through Marketplace on PC knowing it might never make the jump, but if it ever does, I will have access on XBOX. And I never buy outside the Marketplace.

The delay isn’t the issue for me. I’m fully able to be patient and wait for for the WASM fix, for instance.

I’d just like to be able to fly the Skymaster or the Just Flight Arrows, for instance, now on PC rather than sitting until they do show up on the Xbox Marketplace.

Surely, MS is able to answer what their intent is here.

I assure you I was not making an official statement on behalf of Microsoft. Just sharing what little I know about this. In part, so I can follow this discussion more easily as it evolves.

I think I made that clear at the start of my post.

Intent and tone of voice is so hard here in text form…

I understood you, and didn’t take it that way. It’s all good!

I’ve been, basically, following suit to what you’re doing. I’m just hoping someone could give us more info and, possibly, allow us to deviate from our strict regimen of only buying what is concurrently on both platforms.

1 Like

It isn’t up to Microsoft, it is up to the developer. Some products, they require an external application which means it just will never work on XBox. Some developers though, they are working on optimizations to make sure it works great on XBox, and some developers, they just don’t want to offer it on XBox out of fear of support. Anytime a developer submits something to the marketplace, they have the choice where it goes to. For example, someone could produce a livery pack, decide PC users would never pick it up, so they offer it only to the XBox marketplace. It is always up to the developer.

Yes, I get that.

I’m talking about the content already in the store that is marked as Xbox & PC.

If it hasn’t be submitted for Xbox, why is it marked as such?

Like all the Just Flight Arrows, the Skymaster, the DC-6 (which we already know about), Milviz Corsair, etc.

If none of that is meant to come to Xbox, how about removing the Xbox label or come out and tell us, yes, they will come in the future, it’s safe to purchase them now.

Somebody official has to know something.

1 Like

I never even realized that the Just Flight Arrows and the Skymaster had the XBox tag, or that hey were intended to come. PMDG and Milviz have said as soon as the issues are resolved, the Corsair and DC-6 will come to XBox. Milviz tried to come to XBox a little over a month after the XBox release, so they have been waiting like 5 months now.

Yes, I compiled a list of them last week on the “Xbox Marketplace: No New Planes” thread.

Hey, I’m not ignoring you… lol

It’s just until I get my PC, I don’t read the forums like I used to…

1 Like

HA!

I never thought that.

All of this discussion could be moot. I’ve been eyeing a new desktop, but am still on the fence.

I would bet that at some point we see them. Could be WASM issue with some of them.
We did see the Pilatus :rofl:

1 Like

same here, made the same very post few weeks ago. didn’t get any from it

I for sure not going to buy anything that it’s not shared between the pc and xbox. I’m playing on pc now and the temptation is high but the main platform for me will always be the xbox since it’s miles ahed performance wise compared to my pc (nor i have the intention to go bankrupt for a pc)

i think it’s a pretty big mistake to label so many aircrafts as available for xbox given that the “we may get these on xbox” it’s going to mean in 6 months or more it appears

all in all i think those will be available but no one can give you the 100% certainty (as you may saw in the recent q&a video and the state of xbox in the past months the 100% is a chimera)

1 Like

Good question, but I’m not sure it can be officially answered except when pertaining to official Asobo content.

All third party content creators are responsible their particular product.

Something they made for Xbox compatibility today may not be compatible in the future, for many different reasons.

Like nearly everything on this forum, here we all are speculating and no input from official channels is offered.

Sigh.

Hello,

We spent time looking into this and found that the planes that have the Xbox icon on the Marketplace item but are not compatible with Xbox is a bug. This bug will be fixed for Sim Update 8 and from that point on the icons should associate correctly with incompatibility.

As for the question of if these items guarantee they will be on Xbox in the future, this is not 100% as the items listed all fall under the WASM issue. The goal is to have them but we can’t make an explicit promise. That said if any were bought under the assumption that it is compatible on Xbox, we can always issue a refund.

3 Likes

Thank you, so very much, for responding.

Truly. I really, really appreciate being heard.

:pray:t4:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.