Selecting a gate from the map should not delete the flightplan loaded

Selecting a gate from the map deletes the flightplan you loaded, the only way to load at a gate without having your flightplan deleted everytime is to select the gate from the dropdown menu, please fix this.

Any time you import a flight plan from an external source, say Simbrief for example, which does not offer the ability to choose a gate/parking area as a starting point it of course loads into the Sim with the runway chosen during flight planning. To do a cold & dark start as would be appropriate you have to change to a gate or parking.

However, changing to a gate or parking completely dumps the imported flight plan. The starting point needs to be uncoupled from the actual flight planning. I.e. plan starts at the airport, but the starting location is not tied to the plan. Right now you have to just manually add in the waypoints if you want to start cold & dark.

Do you change the starting point from the dropdown or from the map?

From the dropdown.

Yeah, it’s not just gate, whenever you change runway, all the mid points you selected gets removed. I can imagine a situation when it would be useful but I don’t think it’s a proper approach. I also find it annoying

1 Like

I recently read that it works when you select the gate from the dropdown menu rather than the map. Can anyone confirm?

The world map really needs some love at some point:

• doesn’t remember latest airports correctly
  • “select as departure” often deletes departure airport right after unless you’re zoomed
  • if you select a gate after selecting a departure route, departure rout gets deleted

and things like that

1 Like

Have a look at my post again :point_up::laughing:

1 Like

Oh, that. Sorry. :sweat_smile:

I haven’t 100% tested this, but after seeing it fixed in the patch notes today for SU7 it does seem at least somewhat fixed. I have not tested all scenarios but I loaded up a couple of old simbrief downloads and as long as I changed departure to a gate from the drop down it did not reshuffle things.

Same with even changing the STAR/SID/Approach. Although in some cases the STAR or SID would add an extra waypoint to the beginning/end resulting in a zigzag, but those plans are like a year old and so it could just be either bad data on MSFS part, or old data used in the simbrief plan or both.

From what I could see, all waypoints in between stayed exactly the same. Only time I saw a reshuffle was the first time when I selected the gate from the map itself as a “set as departure”

Fixed as of Sim Update 7.