Separate versions for PC and XBOX

Separate!!!

2 Likes

For what it’s worth

Separate versions AND SERVERS for PC and X Box

3 Likes

Separate only solution.

4 Likes

Yeah in a perfect world. Though let’s face microscruge are bunch of you now what. All they care about is corporate profits.

1 Like

The divorce is the sole acceptable ending here.
Just kidding, a computer is not a console. You are hurting so much people who can afford high end computers by lowering your standards to mid tier rig.
A separate version is for the best!

2 Likes

It’s not even this, computer tech change each years, capability increase fast, the lower system spec became med, med became high end for the same price, this change within year basis. Sticking on Xbox platform development is deadly innovation.

2 Likes

Keep in mind before the GPU shortage due to crypto miners. You could build a decent PC around $700 U. S

1 Like

Agreed.
My comment was more in line with the fact that they squeezed the SU4-version into an xbox-capable SU5 version. Since the Xbox is not such as beefy as some computer rig out there, it levelled down the maximum rendering of the software.
It’s a simple fact and constatation: RAM usage is half of what it used to be. At some point, you cannot just ignore it.
I don’t call this performance enhancement. If you compromise on the quality, then it is simply reducing the outcome of your product, not optimising it.

6 Likes

fully support!

As some defenders of the lower quality degrade
They have 127 idiots that aren’t suppose to use external view on an IFR flight. Edit: True statement.

Separate and create best version of PC

2 Likes

There won’t ever be a different version from now on. Too much work has been done to make it happen right now. Also it is much easier to handle only one version therefore less time consuming and more money for MS.

2 Likes

at the very least a detection of the system it is running on and then a different menu UI so we get rid of those XBox controller displays RB, LB etc. It’s minor but irritates the heck out of me - looks really messy.

Absolutely separate them! I have a high end PC and I have been enjoying a smooth experience and excellent performance with ultra settings from day one 
 literally downloaded it on the day it was released last year. After this week’s update it dumps me to th desktop unless I use a Cessna 152 or 172 on lower settings with no flight plan. Then ATC stops responding for no reason or the GPU freezes up or something else goes awry. Sometimes I can’t even create a flight plan in the world screen. I have opened several tickets on Zendesk over the last year but there is so much wrong with this update, I wouldn’t even know where to begin.
And for the person who said that PC users are a dying breed. Perhaps before you make ridiculous statements like that you should check with Microsoft to find out how many users they had using this simulator before it arrive on XBOX 
 probably in the millions.

4 Likes

+1 Please, please, please separate versions and keep a high quality graphics model for those of us that spent big $$$ for a more realistic experience. Please don’t “dumb” it down for the benefit of console users at our expense.

2 Likes

Be careful what you wish for. Separate versions means two concurrent development branches, which will require more development time, testing and certification. They said in a Q&A session several months ago that they had too many active branches, and this caused buggy update after buggy update, old issues intermittently coming back and many other issues.

Some of the visual regressions were unfortunate, but what I think we should be asking for is a refinement of this common PC and console branch for more scalability. For example, a slider which allows us to adjust the amount of scenery culling with the ability to completely disable it as well (for which I have created a Wishlist thread). More sliders to control various aspects of the LOD (like the tree draw distance which is coming in 2021) would be great as well. Since the Xbox is basically a restricted mid-range PC, having more options means they can fine-tune the performance and visuals for the Xbox while allowing PC users to tweak the simulator to their preference.

This was the most major update since release and it was the result of several branches getting merged, so some major bugs were inevitable. Over time they will fix all these new UI quirks, and don’t forget that we are still awaiting a DirectX 12 update which will give the developers much more control over memory allocation, and will bring us lots of new visual effects to make use of modern PC hardware.

3 Likes

Yes! I spent a lot of money on the hardware for this and want a flight simulator, not a game. This is not a product that needs to cater to the lowest common denominator.

1 Like

Separate versions for PC and XBOX !!!

1 Like

Separate versions is a constructive idea but contrary to the plan as I see it.

My main concern is that the beloved Xbox version will be updated much more often than the PC version.

This also doubles the work for the MSFS team; official Windows 11 compatibility, DX12, SU’s and WU’s; all delayed.

Since the MSFS team makes it very clear that the MS Tech Stack is the solution for performance, and that the CPU and GPU are no longer the limiting factors, I see no chance of two separate versions
I still do not understand how a CPU/GPU are no longer limiting factors
why are there graphics settings in the options menu?? If CPU and GPU do not matter then lets all run at max settings! I digress.

1 Like

CPU/GPU are no longer limiting factors because you can no longer utilize them to the full potential, you will be artificially limited to XBOX capability. XD

5 Likes