Server Offline

On Steam. Status OFFLINE. The only option I have is to SIGN OUT.

I have signed out several times, then signed back in with my Microsoft email and password.

Checking my status, is says Status OFFLINE again.

What can I do next ?

1 Like

Seems a server problem. No bing data here…

Try going to XBox for Windows login (MS Site) and cycle out and in of your XBox login.

Thank you. It works here.

Same here, exactly.

With Multiplayer ON it now works. Status Online. Weird !!

I had a similar issue and my topic was closed with reference to another reported bug

I find weird that you are reported to be connected to a server, you can even switch between several servers, and you are not really getting the expected data from them. Some kind of logs of flags are needed to see what is going on, you really do not know from where is the problem comming from and if there is an issue at all.

Also not clear how many people is affected, if it is related to the world region ot to any other factor

1 Like

I think is a slightly different issue to the one I posted in the link above by @Chelmon21

The status of OFFLINE, with the server greyed out etc actually relates to multiplayer. You are OFFLINE for multiplayer. You are actually online if the data options are set to online for bing maps data, photogrammetry etc.

To change the server, and appear ONLINE, you can turn on multiplayer in the data options. This enables the server to be chnaged. You can then turn multiplayer off again and the changes made “stick” (although I think are automically reset when you restart the sim - but not 100% sure on that).

Multiplayer turned off:

Multiplayer turned on:

The issue linked in the previous post is slightly different - this is about being online (multiplayer on or off) but no bing data/photogrammetry is streaming or is intermittent.

I don’t know a guaranteed fix for that issue, but have seen some comments about signing out and back in to the xbox app.

EDIT: Simple test to see if you really are online - is the marketplace accessible? If so, you are definitely ONLINE

tried that but didnt work for me
Still no BING data (and yes, I checked that its enabled)

Same for me this morning - not great. Hopefully something they can quickly fix

Solution.

Turn on multiplayer and save changes.
You can change your status and server.

Turn off multiplayer and save changes.
You cannot change your status and server.
Status and server greyed out.

So turn on multiplayer and save changes.

Source https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/online-status-is-always-offline-and-cant-change-server/429114/16

There is definitely something broken on the MS server side of things.

No Bing data for long stretches for the at least the last 24hrs and the world map looks like a child’s drawing. I’m 100% certain that many of the reports of ‘downgraded graphics’ are as a result of server problems and data not streaming correctly. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was the root cause of a number of the CTDs people have been experiencing.

Yesterday on a 320NX flight my FPS slowly but surely got worse over the course of an hour or so. It got so bad that at one point it had dropped to 20fps and DevMode said I was ‘Limited By MainThread’ - on a 5900x. Completely incorrect. Turning off data then turning it back on restored my capped 50fps.

This is a game that relies entirely on streaming data. It isn’t good enough that it’s a complete lottery when you start the game as to whether or not it is going to work as it should. These servers need to be bulletproof. It’s hardly like Microsoft are some start-up tech company new to the game.

@CasualClick, are the dev team aware of this problem? The game is unplayable as it stands.

1 Like

On occasion, the Mod Team can “see” trending issues and report them up to the CM. We’ve reported up the missing PG, streaming, etc., as noted in the thread:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’ve been seeing. That and the performance degradation related to data.

FYI:

Please join in the above-referenced thread instead of continuing here, as we’ll end up with bifurcated discussions. Thanks!