Servers inaccessible? Chess tournament

I’m a fan of MSFS and the people who made it. I understand it’s a complex bit of software, and relatively young. I don’t expect it to be entirely smooth at this stage. However, I haven’t been able to access the MSFS servers since yesterday, and when I look on Asobo’s twitter for information it tells me they were all playing chess yesterday in an “internal tournament”. Nothing whatsoever about the server issues. Nothing on the official MSFS twitter either.

Chess is a great game. Maybe I’ll also take it up to fill the time until the servers are accessible again.

Maybe we should give up with flying and take on chess, perhaps they can develop a program…oh no wait…

After being stuck in a loop of package update messages, inaccessible servers and MSFS becoming unresponsive, I just managed to get back in. Whew.

I don’t begrudge them a few games of chess, but I wish their communication was better sometimes. Anyway, I’m off to attempt a flight, and I hope others having these problems also find they are now resolved.

Is your log book back?

Oddly, my log book wasn’t affected. I got the package update message; if I responded no the servers were inaccessible and if I responded yes it took me to the “Press Any Key…” screen and then became unresponsive. I’d need to use Task Manager to get out of it, and then the whole loop started again when I restarted MSFS. This was going on since yesterday evening, but now seems to be OK again.

Hi all,
Please use this topic about servers, packages out of date, any lost statistics. This topic has been pushed up:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/playtime-gone-missing-packages-out-of-date/388213/341
Thank you!