Using "Set best mixture" causes mixture control to be permanently pulled out and unusable

#PC, Windows 11, MS Store version… Todays update.

Set a button to set best mixture. Clicking the button pulls mixture out fully and does not allow it to be recovered, nor is the mixture able to be pushed back in with mouse.

Just discovered that same bug. No keybind works after you hit “best mixture” binding. It locks the mixture to cutoff and cannot be restored.

2 Likes

Yup same here. Extremely disappointing.

Add this to the long list of things that should’ve been noticed in testing and won’t get fixed for weeks.

1 Like

``Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?`
Microsoft Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
The Best Mixture command should set the mixture control to the “correct” value for the current altitude but in SU6 it appears to set thge mixture to 9% irrespective of the aircraft situation then if it is pressed again it breaks the Mixture control so that it can no longer be alter with an axis, key command or by using the lever in the cockpit.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Bets Mixture is Mapped to Ctrl-Shift-M in the video. It’s first pressed at 3s and for the second time at 8s.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Map Best Mixture command to key or button. Start flight in any piston engined aircraft with a mixture control - eg Cessna 172 G1000 at at airport that isnt very far above sea level (eg Schipol EHAM) and don’t take off. Press Best mixture command. Mixture is set to 9% despite plane being almost at sea level - this is best confirmed using the Input Viewer Add-on but the Lock Control system can also be used.
Press the Best Mixture command again - mixture setting now oscilates between about 8 and 9 % and is set to a different value by an axis, key or by dragging the value instantly returns to the 8-9% value.
Only way to resolve this is restart the flight.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

You are making the assumption that it wasn’t discovered during testing.

Definitely discovered it, reported it during beta.

1 Like

Plane stalls, only way to restart is ctrl +e keyboard command for start engine. Cannot even manually reset it w/ mouse or enrich the mix. You sputter toward the ground if you don’t do the ctrl+e key combo.

I had to make an emergency landing on a highway after I had press “best mixture”

LOL, I panicked and crashed in the C152. I just removed it from my keybind. I was using it to see how close I get to setting the mixture in new planes.

Typically using the best mixture button would conflict with the mixture axis anyways so I would use the button, then adjust the axis position. Of course that doesn’t work for everyone.

Definitely a new bug. Hitting the button is like pulling the mixture nob out in a real plane and it breaks off in you hand. Ummm mayday!

2 Likes

Yep, same bug here. Went down to ground with my 172 whilst trying to push the mixture knob without success.

Same here since SU6. “Set best mixture” is mapped to a HOTAS button, pushing it pulls the mixture lever to poor/cutoff (8-9%) and makes it stays there.
The lever is stuttering, as if two controls where struggling to make it move forward and backward at the same time.
Unassigning the “Set best mixture” control after pressing it doesn’t fix it, mixture is kept going down (as is the plane :sweat:). Going back to the main menu and restarting the flight makes it work again though.
Tested in legacy as well as lock mode.

Hoping for a quick fix, but to be honest, I’m kinda happy that it will force me to work on finding the right setting by myself :sweat_smile: !

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
Added

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No, and no

Brief description of the issue:
After the update to SU6 (sim update 6) the use of the binding/button for “set best mixture” now goes to idle/cutoff and stays there preventing you from moving the mixture out of this setting with either a bound mixture axis or the mouse control. This causes the engine to stop, obviously and is not a good thing if used in the air as you can’t manually override the cutoff once you activate the “set best mixture”

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Load into ANY aircraft that uses the mixture control and also bind “set best mixture” in the options. During the flight at any point… hit the button/key for the “set best mixture”. Enjoy engine failure.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
Happens on a base install with nothing in the community folder with the Steam version of MSFS.

However, my personal setup the throttle quadrant is a “Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant” and my mixture control is bound to one of the lever axis and the button I have bound on one of the buttons below the mixture. However I have changed the bindings for the “set best mixture” to the keyboard and removed the axis for the mixture and the same results occur so this is not a hardware issue.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1 Like

Yep definitely broken. Wouldn’t be so bad if it could be readjusted manually after trying to use it.

I don’t think I have ever knowingly used the “Set best mixture” command. I can not keep any of the aircraft running and can’t adjust the mixture. The whole thing is unusable to me now.

Yes, they didn’t bother to fix it.

Still broken, SU7 Confirmed.

Still broken!

December 11th 2021, since SU6 → STILL BROKEN!

It is a immersion breaking bug.
There is also no entry on ZenDesk. whyever.

Still broken

Still Broken