Set Keyboard for Center Rudder command

When taking off with the FlyingIron Spitfire I set full right rudder trim right after I get flying I need to center the rudder and would like to do this with a keyboard key command. I have tried doing this several times but I can’t get any key or key combination to work. Does anyone know how to get this to work.

Dont set rudder trim at take off, use appropriate rudder for take off

1 Like

Although TBM recommends right trim for take off, so the original post is relevant.

Obviously TP sets his take off trim too high. Take off trim should be set to expected rudder trim for the climb out, not for the roll (and ‘neutral’ feet rudder), in particular with a WWII massive prop spitfire,

I suppose if I had rudder pedals this would be much easier but I have been using a twisty stick for so long that it is going to be a hard habit to break. I just thought that since there is a command for that in the MSFS Controls that I could just assign a key like PAGEDOWN to do it but I can’t get it to work. The rudder trim knob in the Spitfire is down low and back. It is impossible to adjust the trim without looking at the knob and doing that and flying too. Maybe this can’t be done with the Spitfire but where there is a will there should be a way.