Setting the correct steering for the F18 default BLOCKS the nose wheel of tricycle GA aircraft

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

After setting the correct steering for the F18 default in SU9, using that steering mode when using tricycle GA aircraft (by accident), BLOCKS the nose wheel of the GA aircraft.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

new joystick settings:

and

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

After having bound a button to “SET NOSE WHEEL STEERING TO LIMIT”, the first press will turn on the steering and ‘NWS’ appears in the HUD, and subsequent presses will toggle between ‘NWS’ and ‘NWS HI’.

I also bound “TOGGLE G LIMITER” to another button, to turn NWS off.

First questions: Why “TOGGLE G LIMITER” to turn off a steering mode? Will “TOGGLE G LIMITER” affect the G limit on the F18 Super Hornet?

The issue: now, when using any tricycle GA aircraft, if I press the “SET NOSE WHEEL STEERING TO LIMIT” button (by accident) the nose wheel no longer turns: it stays straight. Pressing the “SET NOSE WHEEL STEERING TO LIMIT” button again, or the “TOGGLE G LIMITER” button doesn’t help the nose wheel to work again.
Do I need to do a new stick profile just for the F18 Super Hornet, or is there a way to re-enable the nose wheel in the same stick profile?

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant here, but i7 5960X, ASUS RTX Tuf Gaming 3090, FS app on C:, FS main data on D:
T.16000

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9 1.25.7.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

That specific command only turns off NWS on the Super Hornet as that’s how that jet was designed by the original engineers.

I haven’t tried the SET NOSE WHEEL STEERING TO LIMIT in any GA yet, I’ll take a look at that later.

1 Like

yea, I believe this is the same as I experienced

I have been having taco issues with C172 on Xbox and believe it’s tied to the same issue in that, once triggered, nose wheel steering cannot be untruggered.

1 Like

yes

no

yes

Was using 787 and lost the ability to steer after landing. Worked during takeoff

1 Like

Yes. In my case it happens to any plane with a nosewheel, even airliners and Business jets

In my case when I spawn on the ground using any plane with a nosewheel, I simply can’t steer the plane on the ground. however if I spawn in the air and then land the nosewheel acts normally and I can steer the plane. Not sure if this has anything to do with the F-18’s NWS button but this is my experience

This first video is of a DA-62 spawned on the ground and I test out the NWS where it doesn’t work

In the second video I have spawned in the air and landed the plane, and in this video it works just fine

Was this issue ever fixed?

1 Like

Not as far as I know. Therefore I did a specific joystick profile, just for aircraft that need this, and I use other joystick profiles for aircraft that don’t need it.

1 Like

Nope, still the same. I submitted two tickets and both came back with no responses and the tickets were closed and tagged “Issue fixed” without any communication whatsoever. So idk I just gave up

1 Like

I just encountered this too. I suspect something in my Community Folder is interacting badly but i haven’t explored further.

But this also occurs with an EMPTY Community folder. So not that. It is within default FS.

Having this problem on XSX too. I had to disable this function as it was blocking taxi controls in every front wheel plane.