Several questions to FS2020

I’ve installed yesterday the amazing FS2020 and I’m completely overwhelmed. A dreams became true with the new sim and fantastic work from Asobo.

I have several questions and would be great to get support here from the community. My questions below:

1. Is there an option to activate a taxi guidance to the runways or gate similar to the progressive taxi option in FS X ? How can this feature activated if available?

2. Is there a possibility to adjust, extend a flight plan in the flight planning screen. Haven’t found out how I can add additional VOR’s and Navaids to a flight plan.

3. Is there an option to show the current FPS in FS2020 similar to ALT-F in FSX?

4. Where are the config files for game settings, graphics and controllers stored and is it possible to make a backup of it if the sim has once to be uninstalled and reinstalled?

Would be great to get answer on this questions and I’m looking forward hearing from you.

Many thanks.

1- yes not sure how but you may find it is assistant

2- after setting your flight plane you can add points manually

3- in the developer mode (after activating go to the top bar then go to option and select FPS option not sure of it’s name but it have FPS in it)

4- it’s in (AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache) this is like the old fsx.cfg, open it with notepad++ or sublime both are free software ( i like sublime it have colors :slight_smile: )

1. just tune ground in the atc window and request taxi. ifr or vfr as wished. you will be guided with blue arrows towards the active runway. you could also tune atis instead and the active runway will be communicated to you over the radio. but no guidance to the runway here.
  1. Your settings are stored in the cloud and will survive a re-install. No need to backup.

To expand on #2 (because it took me days to figure out), after you’ve set departure and arrival, every new airport, POI or custom point you click on has an “Add” menu item. If you add multiple, the game seems to insist on ordering them in the way it thinks is best.

I discovered this too, as a work around I use Simbrief to create the flight plan in the order that I want and then download it to a location that I can find and then in the game I load the flight plan.