Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

No external connectivity whatsoever is a huge problem if you want to do more advanced things like programming controllers, using external hardware to control the sim. None of that is possible on the XBox because they will not allow that software to connect.

And that’s before you get in to the discussion of community mods, and the community really has stepped up to create some amazing work.

2 Likes

Yes I admit I would be interested in seeing what VR is like myself but having fought with 3 x linked pc in my old sim ( now sitting unused),I am done with the continuous performance chase that tends to go with pc,and not a little cost either😱

1 Like

I feel that more and more of the better aircraft will take advantage of this, using an .exe to ensure higher fidelity and more immersion, amongst other things. I’m also sceptical that the WASM issues will be rectified on Xbox. At least in the short term.

That’s before we even get into the modding aspect.

I’m sure the WASM will be fixed, and very probably in SU10, they’ve had the solution for a while and sounds like they done testing on it. Whether they manage to fix the sim so that it’s usable on xbox in time for SU10 is something I’m far less optimistic about.

1 Like

That’s part of my worry too. The sim is in it’s worst ever state on the console, in my view.

What is WASM?

Web ASseMbly, it’s a type of web-based coding. The Xbox does not currently support it, and the higher fidelity aircraft use it

4 Likes

Thanks for explaining.

1 Like

No worries. I don’t know an awful lot about it in truth, I just know that the Xbox doesn’t support it, and the better aircraft use it haha.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Xbox suggested airports (uk)

Not mentioned in this thread. But Ive had that issue before. Just make sure before you hit fly on the world map make sure your cursor isnt hovering over your gate/ramp and that icon will go away. Once it does then hit fly. and upon loading should no longer be there.

3 Likes

Well, at least my achievement for 500 flighthours popped up😂. That’s a good thing, I guess.

4 Likes

LOOOOOOOOL it did CTD lol but not cut and dry!

I had the game suspended for a while - long story! lol

Just did a perfect flight from Stuttgart to Coarse (evening red sunshine, beautiful), ILS landing, perfect manual touch down, reverse thrust and breaks, approaching the runway exit, CTD. I’m pi… fuming… :sleepy:

I’m about to land after a Bucharest - Milan flight. Expecting a CTD also. You get synical after some time… Or perhaps I’m lucky this time, always a surprise with MSFS.

But yeah, the sunset is Beautiful right now over the Italian Riviera.

How is it possible… Exact same place… Exit runway… CTD. Not fun anymore.

Thank you, ok ill keep that in mind. just tried that and it works. its strange that it does that. nice to see someone else has seen that too. well hopefully in the next Sim update they will finally fix things and not break them. just like the saying goes " if aint broke, dont fix it." SU8 was just fine with a lot of things we previously had working

1 Like

I just flew KSFO to MMMX in the A320neo.

The flight went great, although I couldn’t capture ILS. I saw the purple diamonds, had the correct frequency, etc., but the aircraft just wouldn’t capture and fly it. I had to hand fly it down.

No black avionics, no CTD. There was some slight stutter when the dumb METAR weather pop-in happened, but none otherwise.

1 Like

I know what you mean. Have you ever tried the alps after the latest patches? I’ve done a flight with F-14 and all that mountains covered in snow - within 0 - 1 miles i got a horrible lod…looks like graphics from 2010 and blurry all time. Outside a circle from ~ 5 miles everything seems fine and also sharper textures.

1 Like

I still get to about 80% loaded then it CTD every time.