Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Also via the Xbox Insider hub.

I left the beta yesterday. Now I enjoy Dolby Vision as it should be, and the A321 Neo works again.

I saw the benefits of the beta, but I just couldn’t stand the washed out visuals anymore. Perhaps if they fix this during the beta, I join it again.

2 Likes

This, I couldn’t stand the look of the game… I left it too

1 Like

Yeah i feel you on that. My Simulator had been having shutters and CTDs is just su9 but since u turned off onlinr players and the left thr rest on. Snd i stay flying into smaller airports thar are still big but not alot of city scenery. And i dont do my 3rd party airports untill i see the update. Since i changed my settings and flew in like Iowa and billings. Or Alaska or even places like Oklahoma and Nashville it dosnt take alot of processing stuff if u just take it easy and fky to not a huge city. I am saying this because i had tons of CTDs and shutters. But i have had about 2 CTDS when i start up. Then restart snd its fine. Also LVFR static aircraft will cases CTDs if u have to many at an airport so other then that its been running good just had to give up a few places to fly keep it simple. I had a CTD. And this thing was like 500 100 ,50,40,30,20,10 Back wheels hit and stutters and poof :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: so i know what ur comming from im scared to come in on the approach i mess up Landings because im so nervous of a Random CTD especially like u said on landing. And i hsd it happen when you turn on taxi ways its just probably a big airport with alot of stutt around it. Try flying simple it will help i had to do. It. Safe flying :+1::small_airplane:

If you would like to leave the pre-release test before it ends and re-install the live build, follow these instructions:

1. Open the ‘Xbox Insider Hub app.
  2. Navigate to ‘Previews’ > ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator Beta’ .
  3. Select ‘Manage’.
  4. On the left side, select ‘Leave preview’.
  5. Wait for the unenrollment to complete, restart your Xbox or PC, then launch the game.
1 Like

What do you guys mean by washed out visuals?

1 Like

HDR isn’t working properly in SU10.

1 Like

HDR isnt working right on xbox to begin with its an issue microsft hardware department knows about and are still looking for a fix. One of the issues is your screen dimming a couple minutes into a game it only happens with HDR on. Advice from Microsoft was to turn HDR off until a fic is made available through an xbox system software update since it was an update early last year that caused it.

The screen dimming is a burn in protection method used by TV manufacturers? This is what my LG OLED does.

No that is something else, the xbox itself dims the screen after a couple minutes in game in some games moe noticable then others its a known xbox issue you can find lots of pages about it at microsoft xbox forums if you look for xbox series x hdr dimming

4 Likes

You are absolutely correct. I meant that other thing, my mistake.

Just for info - the Hjet add-on (now updated) definitely a problem with SU10 beta - frequent CTDs when launching flights - this morning 2 CTDs attempting to start a flight from Rwy 24 at ELLX. So far this is the only third party aircraft that I’ve had problems with in the beta on my Series X.

I read through most of this and it’s just upsetting, the reason I got an Xbox was so that I could use the simulator. To sum up can someone help,
Is sim update 10 out ?
I’m still on the Beta, should I opt out of it ?

SU10 has been delayed by two or more weeks, my guess is mid September now.

Seems the 10 Beta is the best option at present

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll just stick to the Beta then.

1 Like

I don’t know about all this, the SU10 Beta has been the best this game has ever been on xbox. The ONLY issues I have had has been due to bad 3rd party items, and only a few of them. I had 56 uninstalled add ons to barely run SU9(which all worked under SU8), I only have 5 uninstalled now. Those developers need to get their stuff fixed and updated.

4 Likes

Playing the non beta and getting stutters with the larger planes especially if I pan the camera. I’m expecting a ctd at any second…

1 Like

Xbox s user. I have given up on believing msfs2020 will work after update. Black avionics appearing in A320Neo, ctd’s. But nobody cares at Asobo or Microsoft. In my opinion the Xbox s is not suitable for msfs2020.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Hope they fix it soon.

Its Still happening, no change and its nearly the end of October 22. Xbox S

I know how you feel, very much. Its so disappointing . I also get frushtrated when i go onto MSFS with my Xbox S . Im hoping that iwill have no problem with the A320 neo but most time i do. No avionics just black screens.

1 Like