Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

i feel very lucky at the moment. other than removing the three scenery packs and giving the stuttering menu screens time to settle my sim does work. only a few CTDs today, but what a difference a week has made. from the odd stutter on the X and silky smooth on the S. As this programme was the flagship of next gen i just sit here shaking my head reading all the problems and i hope Asobo/microsoft get there finger out very soon to getting this all back up and running for anyone.

4 Likes

It was posted five days ago & thereā€™s only 15 votes! Iā€™m I missing something? Itā€™s no wonder thereā€™s probably nothing being done about it!!!

Moderator edit:
The external navigation lights of the aircraft all dim and RT and LT does not work in the taxi with the F18. HORNET and the lights do not work, when are you going to fix this?

COM ESSE PROBLEMA. NO XBOX JA PASSEI A VOAR PRA CONCORRĆŖNCIA

Concorde seems to be one of the few things that works on xbox at the moment. Iā€™ve seen several comments from people about successful flights on Concorde. Ever since the post SU9 update to fix the fuel system issues Concorde is running great on xbox (top job from DC Designs to have the fixes on marketplace within 2 days of SU9 release!).

Iā€™ve mostly been flying Concorde, because basically nothing much else is working. VFR flight with C152? CTD. IFR flight with Concorde? Mostly successful. Iā€™m also flying Concorde because itā€™s fun and I want to, but really havenā€™t got a lot of choice anyway. :flushed:

So why is Concorde working when a cessna doesnā€™t? For me I suspect itā€™s because most of the time Iā€™m flying Concorde outside of cruise then Iā€™m so busy fiddling switches and pressing buttons that I hardly ever look out of the window, itā€™s all instrument flying. Even if I look out you canā€™t see much from Concorde anyway, so thereā€™s hardly any scenery to render and clearly the scenery and weather in this sim are the bulk of the processing. Note that Iā€™m always flying with live weather and traffic and online, it works for me with Concorde.

Another thing about Concorde is that DC Designs deliberately made it complex enough to be fun but not full study level, and itā€™s all sim native, uses built in autopilot, no complex code etc. They have committed to full INS implementation in WASM when supported on xbox. They clearly did this so it could be an immediate release on xbox, but I suspect it also taxes the sim a lot less. Iā€™ve seen them get a lot of flack for this from self appointed purists but IMO this approach is a stroke of genius and pays off right now.

I have been getting crashes with Concorde. One just after touchdown and several after parking up at the gate on arrival and before I could do the shutdown procedure, this at different airports. I guess those are the times when Iā€™m viewing complex scenery, as when I park I jump outside to check if I got it in the right spot. :grin:

Yes Iā€™ve had several flights where the VFR map consistently froze 5 seconds after opening, close and reopen gets another 5s.

What are you flying?

I reported this on the Concorde thread as I havenā€™t seen it happen elsewhere, but per my post above Iā€™m mostly only flying Concorde at the moment anyway. It does not happen on every flight either.

Your problem is that you are projecting your experience onto others and assuming the same works for them. Sadly I see too much of this in the forum.

News for you, it doesnā€™t. If thereā€™s one thing you can learn from this forum itā€™s how wildly different experiences people are having for much the same thing.

Iā€™m super happy for you that flying in offline works for you but it doesnā€™t work for everyone. Itā€™s positive that people post with good experiences and suggested remedies but donā€™t assume it always solves the problem. Iā€™ve tried turning off weather, traffic, online and still got CTD. Meanwhile I fly with all those on with Concorde and it works as per my post above.

Donā€™t argue with someone who says itā€™s unplayable for them, most of these people have tried many things to solve the problem without joy. Iā€™ve had that happen too so I know what it feels like.

And everyone has a right to expect that basic advertised functionality of the sim should work most of the time, and if it doesnā€™t then to be treated fairly by Asobo and at the minimum to receive an acknowledgment of the issues and a commitment to resolve them. Sadly this CTD everywhere issue has been completely ignored, on the live Q&A they were congratulating themselves on a great release and the blog update only mentioned the map issue. There are literally thousands of posts from users having a terrible time and I havenā€™t seen a single acknowledgment from Asobo. IMO this is completely unacceptable.

7 Likes

Xbox Series X.
I use Xbox default wireless controller and USB mouse.
Live Traffic, Live Weather, and Multiplayer are off.
Airport Life is all 25.
Land and Sea traffic are all 0.
Rolling cache is 16 GB.

Since SU9 I have been having some issues.

1. After starting MicrosoftFlightSimulator, the splash screen (Game of the Year Edition) lasts 3-5 minutes (SU8 was a few seconds).

2. Logo screen (Asobo, blackchark) has no audio and display is not smooth.

3. Main menu operation is a series of freezes. (It will be resolved after a few minutes).

4. The world map takes a long time to open, and the world map freezes every time you scroll, zoom in or out. (can also cause many CTDs).

If you proceed to FLY, there are no CTDs, and the low FPS that rarely occurs is no different from SU8.

I had some 3rd party DLC in it, but have now uninstalled it all and reconfigured the rolling cache.

What is happening to SU9?
Do we have to wait a few months for SU10 to come out?

Thank you.
I use the translation.

4 Likes

Donā€™t have to wait for SU10 for fixes to arrive. The whole point of a hotfix is to fix issues between one main update and the next main update. Question remains though, can Asobo be bothered? Because Iā€™m slowly losing faith.

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget the wind turbulence when flying over land masses. When flying over waterā€¦its non-existent.

Sat on the tarmac at Manchester Airport last night waiting for my brother to join me so we could do the same flight. There were a couple of other live players at the airport and I ended up CTD before he even joined me. Brilliantā€¦

1 Like

Yah tell me about it , first day the Sim was Great now with or without Autopilot the Cessna wants to
throw me like a bucking Bronco. Upp doown death spiral with or without an auto pilot so meaning
unuseable atm.

Good morning from Germany. A new day with the MSFS. Iā€™m excited to see what surprises the MSFS has in store today. Maybe because of the many errors, a resolution of 800x600 is used?!

(In Germany we call something like this ā€œGalgenhumorā€ :rofl:)

It really seems to be turning out that anything that requires ā€œhighā€ server access is ā€œdangerousā€ right now. Therefore, it will probably only rarely work with the multiplayer. Iā€™m curious, on Wednesday evening I have planned a group flight of XBOX and PC together. I fear the worstā€¦

Itā€™s a pity that live weather doesnā€™t work, but apparently you have to live with it. In the last few days Iā€™ve noticed that exactly this server access (METAR) was apparently responsible for many other errors that I had before SU9.

Same with live traffic. I switched it back on for testing purposes and got a CTD right away when I moved the world map over the airport in Frankfurt (EDDF - An area where there is always a lot of live traffic and therefore has to be loaded from the servers).

So there are - for me - certain ā€œworkaroundsā€ to at least minimize the worst sources of error and to use the product at least partially. And noā€¦ Iā€™m not ā€œgratefulā€ for that, it still annoys me a lot, especially Asoboā€™s silence.

Itā€™s like buying a new car, straight from the factory, but being told by the seller that you can only accelerate the car up to 100km/h because it could explode at higher speeds. But please pay the full price for it!

This is how the MSFS feels right now!

Yes, you can (sort of) use it, but not with the full range of functions and always with the risk of a CTD.

6 Likes

The Sim is Completely broken. SU9 broke the sim. period. Im on Xbox series x and I cannot get past the world map to even select an airport to fly. It has crashed Ctd more than 6 times. Where is the communication for a fix? is there one? for there is no workaround on Xbox. Ive tried anything anyway already that I could. I know we are all going through this. there are literally thousands of votes on this. The purpose of an update is to fix the sim not break it. The main purpose as said in the Q&As for this year is to focus and fix the bugs and CTDs. I suggest instead of just talking about it and being hopeful for a fix before the SU10 we all demand now to fix this ASAP. this is unacceptable.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve really not seen any game forums were developers openly admit that faults or issues were caused by them. Id assume admissions like that bind them legally responsible.

Excellent summary of where we are.
I really would like to understand how SU9 was tested before release? Was it different to the Beta? Weā€™re Xbox user comments on the beta taken into account? What QA measures are in place today? ( they obviously didnā€™t work this time if there were any). You see this is such a widespread issue that clearly just a couple of hours of testing with a stock Xbox system would have flagged these severe issues.
Itā€™s not just the sim on Xbox thatā€™s broken - the whole development process clearly is too. And no public response from the devs who have ( for whatever reason) broken MSFS on Microsoftā€™s flagship Xbox Series X|S products?
Totally unacceptable - and explains a lot of the emotion we ā€˜re seeing in the forum posts. Iā€™m trying to stay calm and rational but Iā€™m also very angry at the situation, having recently purchased an Xbox X solely to play MSFS. That is now looking like a costly mistake. Iā€™d like to see another developer consider bringing their flight sim to Xbox so that at least thereā€™s a bit of competition with customer service

7 Likes

A few people stated that the Beta version before the final patch for release was without any problems and a pleasant experience overall. Something went completely wrong in the most recent patch which broke a lot of things.

2 Likes

So, after i reported one perfect flight yesterday, i thought well letā€™s do another one over Japan in the a320. Performance wise all was good and smooth, but everything else was a complete disaster. Avionics stuck, not following the flightplan etc etc.

Iā€™m really getting tired of this hit and miss noncense. Iā€™m losing my joy in flying like this. Slowly iā€™m going to my back log of other Xbox games. Almost time to say farewell.

5 Likes

1 to 4 are exactly the same problems Iā€™m getting. Gotta say before 9 update I was having zero problems and the sim looked amazing. They should give us an uninstall option for update 9 until they can get it right.

2 Likes

Where are Asobo based, bank holiday in UK here, so nothing would be done today, I think they are based in France though??

1 Like

HI, Iā€™ve been part of the beta program on xbox serve X, the earlier built where OK but I always have the long first picture at launch for more or less 1 min before the game boot, on the last built I have all the issues you talk about, letā€™s hope they fix it ASAP
Iā€™ve also notice with a friend some strange bug in New Zealand at the Milford sound airport, the terrain is ā€œinception likeā€ did you notice this strange bug aswell ?