Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Whe are currently working on a fix, they say. But, it takes forever. Honestly, I miss so much SU8, with zero issues

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, you are fine for casual VFR flights but airliners and long haul it’s a disaster.

Frozen avionics and being unable to see how many NM I am from waypoints renders it unusable for IFR.

I’m waiting for the patch now I’ve give up.

5 Likes

Well the Top Gun DLC is likely to be a disaster unless the Xbox problems are fixed
 I should think the new DLC has Xbox users firmly in mind - but anyone trying MSFS on an Xbox for the very first time will be unhappy with both Xbox and MSFS. -and quite justifiably IMO.

Lack of communications from MSFS and Asobo is so bad it’s almost as though they decided to go into hiding behind a locked door, hoping we’ll all just go away.
It’s a disgraceful situation

6 Likes

Totally agree with this - The DLC is on track to be a huge embarrassment

2 Likes

Well now it seems to work now the bugs is gone i dont know how but its seems to work now the ctd no more freeze. i dont reciv any update or something

1 Like

I’m not buying any more add ons until this mess has been fixed . Waste of my hard earned money.

Would like to see an MSFS competitor come across to Xbox

2 Likes

I had this yesterday. \everything worked fine until first “Connection lost” message. From this time I was back between stutters and CTDs.

1 Like

I suggest you try Aero Fly FS2 for PC. Bug free, fully optimized, incredibly fluid flying. Lots of addons available too. FS4 is coming out and its going to be super enhanced compared to FS2.

2 Likes

Aerofly FS 2 is excellent, but a little bit boring since it is limited in terms of weather, ATC and traffic.

But, it doesn’t have bug as you told. AFFS 4 will be amazing.

Well for me my focus is flying Period !, nothing else. Not interested in having ATC, Live weather, Live traffic, flight planning, intercontinental flights, no charts or way points etc. I’m not a real pilot and the SIM is only a simulation its not real. I have no desire to make it real in any way. As long as I can fly to where I want to go and land and feel good about my flight and it was successful I’m happy. I like things simple, no extra stuff. I’ll tell ya, I wouldn’t want to be a real pilot though. Nope.

Anecdote: I basically fly by the seat of my pants just using the compass heading and ground recognition and a map. I have a good sense of direction so I have no issue navigating my way around. I can remember the lay of the land quickly looking down so that works for me just fine. :+1:

2 Likes

Ok, I have always tried to remain optimistic about everything, but after yet another CTD on a 2 hours flight on the approach phase, I am now definitely and completely done with this game. I’m going back to other games, I can spend my free time in way better ways than this frustrating piece of garbage.

I will follow this thread, and only return if the game is in a playable state. In my case that means no more CTD’s during flights, working and not freezing avionics and an AP behavior as it was programmed in the flightplan, so no more cutting corners when on approach.

I wish everybody a good time and good luck. Good day.

8 Likes

Trying flying in “offline” mode just for the sake of flying and hone your flight skills. Doesn’t hurt to try. You’ll have no bells and whistles but at least you’ll still be able to enjoy some stick or yoke time. I dunno, just a suggestion. It’s better than nothing at all :thinking:

2 Likes

By offline you mean no live weather, traffic etc? Hmm then you can’t call it a Sim anymore? But yeah, maybe it’s worth a try. Then maybe I can make some use of all the addons and money I spend on it over time
 Thank you for the suggestion, I will do that.

1 Like

Ya turn off the Data, Bing Maps, Photogrammetry, Live weather, traffic all of that and just fly. Nice and simple. You could even reduce Ai traffic, ground traffic, ground crews etc. :+1:

1 Like

Sure you can. It still simulates real flying. Just because you don’t have all the other stuff turned on doesn’t make it any less of a SIM.

2 Likes

For testing purposes, do any of you that are getting CTD’s in airliners try to fly GA aircraft and see what happens? Just curious if GA is having the same issues as airliners for you in the sim. I go back and forth between GA and airliners but have flown airliners quite a bit over the last 2 months or so before SU9, but I prefer GA aircraft and have only been flying those since SU9 and without any CTD’s so far.

Yep, the earliest sims weren’t even computer based.

5 Likes

Sounds like a new project👍. Definitely giving it a try. Thanks again for this, sometimes you just need push in the right direction

Exactly. Look at the movie “Fly Boys”, they’re using a crude cockpit SIM for training. Sometimes less is more you know. Look at me, I’m a minimalist, I have only what I need to function on a daily basis other than my Car, TV, PC, Xbox and RC Helicopters. Downsizing and downgrading was sooo liberating. It was like a weight of stuff and junk off my shoulders. I could still downsize a bit but then again things would be a little too bare. I’m comfortable where its at right now.

1 Like

I mainly fly GA and get heaps of CTD. On the other hand Concorde mostly lets me finish a flight. I don’t really think it matters what you fly, it’s broken.