Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Absolutely! Rolling back to SU8 was requested after SU9 broke the sim, SU8 wasn’t perfect as we all know but the sim was at least playable. How difficult can it be? It seems that the hot fix didn’t address many issues and they pressed on with another World Update which has made it even worse, if that were possible. I haven’t downloaded the latest WU and I won’t. Surely it’s plain to everyone that this sim has gone horribly wrong and should be rolled back so that people that have invested a lot of cash in order to play this sim, can at least get some pleasure from it. Come on Microsoft/Asobo, bite the bullet and give us a fair deal. We shouldn’t have to wait for SU10 which if true to form, will create more problems.

2 Likes

This will never happen as they would have to do this for everyone. And even if they did, it could conceivably cause more issues.

With respect, people need to stop requesting this, as it will not happen, I can promise you.

2 Likes

I do agree with what you’re saying and it wouldn’t be an ideal situation by any means - unfortunately though the stability of the sim is in a place where it can’t be built on any more without causing even more unpredictable issues that could be widespread - and when you lose control of your SW version control… this is the sort of situation that does warrant one off emergency action to be taken - there are limited options available, none of them good. Moving on to SU10 from this position seems to me to be the least sensible option.

1 Like

FS2020 is not a well structured application but rather a mingeld together SW landscape it seems. One indication would be the fact that they cannot just pull an update without messing up everything else even more. So they end up in gluing more and more patches on top of the existing mess. Would be my interpretation.
PS: they changed SU9 Beta II before delivery and that is an absolute no-no because it means that the value of the beta is questinable because you not deliver what was publicly tested.

1 Like

Totally understand where you’re coming from, and largely I agree. But they’ll never do it.

yes, even on my pc (desktop) the fan goes absolutely crazy and given the spec the graphics quality are not even close the XSX and that’s again is what drives me mad about the sim on series X, it can but it won’t

that said given the long time perfomance issues the sim is suffering on the console i rarely touch it and just go on the pc

my trip has been weird since the lack of at least decent airliner on xbox pushed towards me the GA planes then the persistent performance issues pushed me on pc and to airliners (so i won’t have to see too much the comparison between my poor pc and the X on an oled)

I’ll remain somewhat positive about what the sim can be on console but i start to think that if this will drag for too long people just going to quit and even less will to fix, implement etc will be the final result

Have a look here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/so-are-there-any-noticeable-improvements-in-su9/508389/215?u=ensiferrum666
Wrote nearly the same a few weeks ago from a more technical point of view.

1 Like

Does the game need to be updated for the hot fix or does it just happen automatically ?

Disapointement is also on Facebook , don’t worry

You are almost certainly right - some big changes are needed before things will get better for us

1 Like

I hate to say this my friend but at this I doubt the xbox will ever see any of those high end study level planes from PMDG or any other developers for that matter. They say they will but I have a feeling it wont happen. From what I have seen so far in the marketplace xbox gets stuck with cosmetic updates, and other minor things that still cost 10 to 20 dollars.

1 Like

As of today, the Marketplace has been suspended on Xbox. No new content for the platform, only for PC. I’m afraid the situation is worse than what Asobo lets us know. The fix for the CTD on startup may arrive but all the other issues remain, and currently it’s unclear whether we’ll get a fix for them any time in the future.

3 Likes

Where have they said it’s been suspended for Xbox? There’s nothing new been released but to my knowledge they haven’t explicitly said it’s been suspended.

Edit: I’ve just seen it on the development update.

1 Like

It’s just suspended for this week. They want to make sure the CTD’s on startup etc are fixed with this new patch which should come out today(hopefully). Next week we get the content for this week.

1 Like

can confirm they did, was reading that this night while looking for the dev update post. can’t find it for you right now though

Yes I missed it when I originally read the development update first time around.

I’d actually rather they suspended the Xbox marketplace indefinitely, until the sim is more stable. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

From the dev blog entry:

2 Likes

Thats a good move to suspend marketplace, otherwise it will only lead to more disappointed people complaining they can’t use something they just purchased.

3 Likes

Hyperbole. New releases have just been suspended this week while the hot fix is released.

This is a sensible approach to getting the sim stable this week without adding further complications.

3 Likes

At the moment Msfs team is working to fix this issue. Once they will release a hot fix, it will be possible to install SU IX that I have already downloaded or should I cancel it and download it again?
It will be better to install the patch first and then the world update?