Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Only if you have auto game updates enabled.
I have mine turned off and prefer to manually select what I want updated. Of course I do have a few other games.

Okay so Iā€™ve been up since 5am this morning and did another complete reset and these are the issues that still exist:

1. No sound on the flash screens

2. Checking for Updates icon doesnā€™t spin

3. Mandatory update still says relaunch the game to update

4. Still saying all downloads have completed message beside my avatar upper right corner of screen

5. mysterious turbulence still present

6. still freezing mouse pointer every so often moving around the screen

Have I missed anythingā€¦?

Unbelievable ! :angry:

I still have to remain in ā€œofflineā€ mode for any functionality or playability. :angry:

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this one, but I tried to fire up the A320neo for an LAS-MIA flight and the PFD, ND, MCDU etc. all remained blank and unresponsive - even after turning on both batts, ground power and the APU.
So yeah, Iā€™ll just have to guess my way through a trans-continental flight now.

I canā€™t stomach it anymore. I donā€™t like it period ! Before SU9 it was smooth. Yes agreed we need to have a slider control if we want turbulence or not, it should be ā€œourā€ choice.

After Iā€™ve done the Xbox Update Preview do I then have to wait until it shows the MFS beta preview Cus Iā€™ve got nothing and really wanna know what to do ?

Iā€™ve gone with the insider beta update on Xbox series S with restart. 3 ILS approaches worked a dream (various locations). No CTDā€™s, no instruments blacking out, no stuttering. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Make sure to restart the console

On your Xbox go to MyGames/manage games/updates , you should see an update there to download (unless you have auto updates enabled) then you will see it in the queue and downloading.

Ok but I donā€™t have the game downloaded as it doesnā€™t let me for some reason i think itā€™s because itā€™s on cloud gaming and not actually available to buy or somet itā€™s weird.

Oh, Iā€™d imagine you need the download game

After getting the Xbox update preview it says you gotta wait up to 2 hours to see stuff so maybe thatā€™s it I donā€™t know but Iā€™m getting annoyed I real wanna play it.

But Iā€™ve got it on game pass ultimate liek everyone else so donā€™t know why i canā€™t.

Even tho I canā€™t get it on the beta. When itā€™s properly fixed will I still be able to play and it will just take longer instead.

ok found out why all last night i was getting CTD or getting frozen on splash screens trying to get a flight going, its europe! this afternoon took off from kent to fly to CTD central Switzerland. kent was great but as soon as i got feet dry over the french coast stutters started. the more i headed east it got worst. i switched to stock weather, switched off photogram but it didnt help. some of the stutters were five plus seconds long. had enough cancelled the flight . started back over wales, so smooth. put photogram back on, any weather no problem. its brexit all over again. north america and australia seems to be the same. makes no sense

1 Like

All solved. I have an Xbox One S not series meaning I canā€™t do owt with the game. At least until it is fixed properly and the beta isnā€™t reuqired so I guess Iā€™m done with that game until I can get an Xbox series X which will be a long time from now. Anyway thatā€™s all then enjoy flying.

1 Like

how about the performance? stutters, freezes etc

Agree with you. Iā€™ve found that unless youā€™re planning a long flight, the best workaround is to just set your flight time so that you get less turbulence. So early morning or early evening tones it down to a more realistic level.
The turbulence does have a more realistic feel now but it does seem to be a touch overdone

1 Like

I am having problems with my Series X. When I started a few months ago the sim was really smooth and a great experience but now it is stuttery, freezes and crashes to desktop. I have not done anything with my setting so it is clearly the updates that have done this. It is ruining the experience so much that I am likely to uninstall the game. It has certainly stopped me paying for any in game content so it is hitting the developer and others in the pocket.

3 Likes

Am I alone on thisā€¦?

No, youā€™re not, save for the mysterious turbulence ā€” it isnā€™t mysterious it was programmed that way.

I have booted the sim to find all my custom preset profiles for my Boeing yoke and quadrants have simply disappeared.

This sim is a sh*tshow.

Now, I can spend my morning reprogramming them rather than just flying. How fun is that!

2 Likes

Iā€™m curious if other people with the beta patch experiencing the same.

Iā€™m not in the beta, but I did 2 flights this afternoon (in the Ambrears, finally I can use them again after 3 weeks), both ILS approaches went fine.

Will the patch be Live for all of us today?