Shameful, Just Shameful

`Before anyone decides to try to tell me that i am off base in my assessment of MSFS2020. I would they would be kind and considerate enough to my expressions. I just finished reading a review by a poster and he was treated in my opinion with much disrespect. Every person who has spent their hard earned money on this ■■■■ of a flight simulator game should have the right to express their real feelings about it. Now, I was expecting a much better product than FXS, which i love dearly. However to say that i am disappointed with MSFS2020, would be an understatement. It is almost appalling that i can not get my flight stick to calibrate. Can’t get the auto pilot to work no matter what i have tried. The 787, A320, 747, will not follow a flight plan when on auto. So i have even tried to fly IFR flight with AI in tota control of the plane and my experiences are the same. For this to have been a much better flight simulator. Those few things mentioned above should not be.

I paid $60, for basic MSFS, then $89 for Deluxe upgrade and finally $119 for the Premium Deluxe Upgrade. So i think i should have the right to expect a product that is not so buggy. I am going to hang unto it for now, will just return to FXS more often. Will also encourage all my friends who does flight simulation to stay away from this unfinished and released to soon product. I certainly hope Microsoft gets its act together.

gelomare55

4 Likes

Why should people be kind and considerate when you can’t do it yourself? Respect is a two way street

6 Likes

Hi, sorry to hear you are so disappointed with it. I know many, many others have had problems with the autopilot for example. It clearly has its bugs. I tend to just fly the GA aircraft myself so it hasn’t really bothered me. The sim is no way near finished and it was a big surprise to us all when the release date was dropped on us like that. However, I’m glad it was. Even if it’s still a beta, it means we got it early and I personally am enjoying it. I’ve had several problems myself, mainly CTD’s, but after a lot of experimenting with my setup they are now gone. A lot of the issues people are having is down to hardware etc and not the sim. I presume you have tried calibrating your flightstick within Windows? (Not the flight Sim) The only problem I have with controllers is my old CH Products pedals. I’ve had to calibrated the rudder axis on more than one occasion (in Windows) but other than that they work fine Give it a few months and come back to the new sim, but in the mean time stick with FSX if that’s what you like.

Regards
Steve

2 Likes

Even there a many bugs and problems with the sim, sometimes the problem is sitting in front of the screen. :kissing_heart:

• Flight Stick calibration: no problem here. Maybe the stick isn’t supported by MSFS2020 or somehow defect.
  • AP has some/a lot of bugs but many guys bring it to work, including me.
  • AI is more like a drunken stupid. Can help but most times are ballast only, Why do you want the AI to fly? I bought the sim to fly myself.

Why did you bought the sim now, not reading this forum before? I bought it at the first day without any knowledge of any bugs and sometimes I went mad with it. But at the end of the days, I was more disappointed about my flying skills than the bugs.
Now, months later, my skills are way more better than Asobo fixed issues but I still play with it. And that’s what this sim is, a Game! If you want a “real sim”, go to an Airline and book a hour at a level D simulator. That’s fun and you feel like a real pilot in seconds.

Sorry, maybe hard words but it’s like in the real world. First check the internet about the thing you want to buy and then decide if it’s worth.
:thinking: :innocent:

100% AGREE.

Unfortunately, with the current High Pressure sales techniques used, and the easy to just spontaneously “Click to Buy” without any though or consideration, that it is MONEY that is going to be taken form your CC or Bank., many are going to “Click and Pay later”.

A little research into exactly what you are buying, would be advisable in so many cases, unless you have money to burn, and don’t care.

3 Likes

Problem here is that even the simplest features of this game are not working I mean at least the basics are so flawed I can understand where op is coming from

1 Like

I assume the basic version did not work for you either? I’m confused as to why then you would spend extra money (twice) to “fix” the problem.

1 Like

So true. I totally agree. Thanks.

1 Like

I bought i because i wanted to. Even so, i still have a right to expect a product to work as opinioned. This would be a great place to offer help to o0ther simmers if folks like you were not so raw. It helps no one. In addition, i know it is a game. i have been playing this game for over 16 years.

1 Like

It was not about spending more money to fix the problem. It was about liking the game itself. Should not assume.

On point Jack. Thanks.

I’ll go for my usual top 5 tips if you are having problems with the flight model and how the sim responds these are quick and easy to try and resolve the majority of issues I see on here.

1. Make sure the flight model is set to modern. Legacy should not be used for the default aircraft

2. Empty your community folder to ensure there are no conflicting mods or scenery that can cause issues

3. Check for duplicate control mappings. Easy to miss this and it can cause real problems. Remember to check the xbox controller if you have one

4. Check control sensitivities. Calibrate using Windows or the software that came with your controller first, then assist sensitivities in the sim. Start at zero and shay from there

Many issues are resolved by these simple checks

About a helpful as your post then

1 Like

And yet many people have hundreds of hours etc on the sim. So your statement is incorrect. Many of the basic features of the sim do work

1 Like

Thanks a bunch. Will give these suggestions a try. Now this is help when needed. I appreciate it.

I’m stating the truth here . Simple things are not working this is fact and I’m with you on this one because even on my high end system, I always have to worry what is gonna go wrong on this flight? Basic stuff don’t work especially the autopilots which is a shame . I shouldn’t have to do workarounds to fly a simple Cessna . And I did not pay 130 dollars to be a beta tester either .

1 Like

Many of the basic features do not work! Autopilots, trim, coordinates, weather etc do not work they are flawed

1 Like

On Point Jack. I will try Gordon’s suggestions and report back.

Yes they do. See my post here if you want evidence. I use AP all the time. ILS landings. Full IFR and VFR flights. If course there are bus and some things to be worked around. But I and many others are successfully flying many hundreds of hours in the sim

2 Likes

Well – Good for you … You may well have that right … so what are you going to do about it ??
A right is only as good as your ability to get it enforced.

Do you really have a LEGAL right , or do you just feel you have a “Moral” right.

If you are not happy with MSFS, have you tried to return it for a refund ?
Or maybe its not that “Bad” and you would rather keep it, and just complain in the forum about how you were taken for a ride ?

And you have NOT been playing MSFS for 16 years , its barely been 16 weeks
16 weeks into FSX, and it was just as Buggy as MSFS appears to be .

Some have problem, (sorry for that), others do not … so maybe its not so much the sim, but more the user and their equipment ? )

3 Likes